PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick indicted for dog fighting

jst5150
07-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Here's the actual indictment: http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/07/17/ind.pdf

Here's the CNN story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/17/vick.indicted.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

justJM
07-18-2007, 03:37 AM
I'm very disappointed. Which is stupid. Just because I enjoying watching someone play doesn't mean I need to be impressed with them as a person. But I want to be.

dclary
07-18-2007, 03:42 AM
I still don't get why dog and/or cockfighting should be illegal.

jst5150
07-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Because the Bible tells us so, Big Dog.

RumpleTumbler
07-18-2007, 03:46 AM
That's Mitah Bick. He said so on the news.

Mr. Fix
07-18-2007, 03:50 AM

I'm soooo disappointed in your Dclary...

Maybe it's illegal because it's cruel, vicious and not at all nice! Humans want to get into a ring and beat each-other to a pulp - Fine! They can make that choice.

But using an animals own instincts to entertain an group of neanderthals, these animals have no choice in their actions, we do!

you need to visit the ASPCA web site some time http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

:rant:

justJM
07-18-2007, 04:15 AM
I still don't get why dog and/or cockfighting should be illegal.For the same reason it's illegal to incite riots.

davids
07-18-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm soooo disappointed in your Dclary...

Maybe it's illegal because it's cruel, vicious and not at all nice! Humans want to get into a ring and beat each-other to a pulp - Fine! they can make that choice.

But using an animals own instincts to entertain an group of neanderthals, these animals have no choice in their actions, we do!

you need to visit the ASPCA web site some time http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

:rant:

Well said could not agree more!

dclary
07-18-2007, 04:16 AM
For the same reason it's illegal to incite riots.

Riots involve people.

People <> Animals

More specifically:

People >= Animals.

justJM
07-18-2007, 04:20 AM
That's why you're such a charmer, d. Probably want to drop that from your platform when you and Billy run.

dclary
07-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Why? I don't plan on courting the dog vote.

JoNightshade
07-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Ugh, that's disgusting. Anyone who thinks watching something get killed is a form of entertainment is sick. Mentally.

And no, movies are different. They're NOT REAL.

Silver King
07-18-2007, 04:47 AM
I kicked a Rotweiller in the balls once. Caught him square with the top of my boot just as he left the ground to lunge. I didn't feel bad about it all. The dog sure did. I was damned glad he wasn't neutered beforehand, or I would've been dead meat.

If we applied the same technique on people who use animals to fight for sport, why the practice would end in no time.

justJM
07-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Why? I don't plan on courting the dog vote.It only shows you up as a bit thick between the ears, that's all.

Be my guest. Let your true colors show.

dclary
07-18-2007, 04:50 AM
I kicked a Rotweiller in the balls once. Caught him square with the top of my boot just as he left the ground to lunge. I didn't feel bad about it all. The dog sure did. I was damned glad he wasn't neutered beforehand, or I would've been dead meat.

If we applied the same technique on people who use animals to fight for sport, why the practice would end in no time.

Have them neutered?

Mr. Fix
07-18-2007, 04:50 AM

No, I don't think they have any, that's why they use dogs. To prove something that they can't - how tough they are!

Foinah
07-18-2007, 04:54 AM

That's just sad. I sincerely hope that post was meant for shock value and doesn't represent the real dclary.

If it does, well, that's just sad.

Bloodletting for sport is feral and debasing. Taking pleasure in the suffering of another creature is a sign of a skewed moral compass in my humble opinion.

Mr. Fix
07-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Have them neutered?

It would be a good start.

I sure don't want these kinds of people breeding!

Silver King
07-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Before anyone else spends time on this subject, they may want to read some enlightening posts in a similar thread (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65680&highlight=Michael+Vick) that appeared in the Politics forum not long ago.

jst5150
07-18-2007, 05:17 AM
The indictment, I think, is telling. And, by the way, just how many friends do YOU have with a nickname like "Ookie"?

maestrowork
07-18-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't really care. I have no dog in this fight.

<ba dum>

benbradley
07-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Why? I don't plan on courting the dog vote.

Just the quarterback (http://www.mikevick.com/) vote?

Pertinent quote:
New Falcons staff evaluating talent on roster (http://www.mikevick.com/news_article35.html) January 18

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "One thing's certain; quarterback Michael Vick is not getting traded. He's not getting cut. He's not going anywhere. Barring injury, Vick is the Falcons' starting quarterback."Notice this doesn't say injury to WHO or WHAT. There may well have been some career-ending injury involving Michael Vick. What'll it be this season, the gridiron, or iron bars? Only his hairdresser prosecutor knows for sure.

Inkdaub
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Dog fighting is animal cruelty and no mistake. How could it not be? Clary's argument that it should be viewed the same as boxing or UFC is absurd. Boxers and UFC fighters choose their professions while animals do not. A boxing match or a UFC match doesn't end when the loser is killed. A boxer or UFC fighter isn't killed if he loses a few times. A boxer or UFC fighter isn't kept in a cage without food and regularly mistreated to encourage ferocity. There was an argument that the dogs are not paid and the boxers are...which Clary countered by saying the dogs live well and so do the boxers. This statement makes me think Clary isn't serious. Anyway...I am firmly in the anti-dog fighting camp.

Now, Michael Vick. Vick is a gifted athlete who has a problem with injuries. In fact, Vick seems to hit the IR anytime anyone tackles him. Vick also doesn't win as much as it was hoped he would. The word 'overrated' is made for a guy like Michael Vick. So, if Michael Vick were a fighting dog he would be killed for being injured and losing too often.

Bartholomew
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
That's Mitah Bick. He said so on the news.

Not amusing.

#

Instead of hashing this argument out again, why don't you write up your vision of the comprehensive Dogfighting Rules and Regulation book? I've heard you out on this before, I think you need to be somewhat clearer.

RumpleTumbler
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Not amusing.

You're right about that. I think he should learn to speak English. He has no excuses, I think there is plenty of money to hire a tutor, books, whatever he needs. That state of the world is really pathetic when people start defending ignorance without excuse under the guise of racism.

Bartholomew
07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
That state of the world is really pathetic when people start defending ignorance without excuse under the guise of racism.

You mentioned racism, not me.

Then again...

Everybody hates Mexicans so I don't see this as a fair example.

justJM
07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
You're right about that. I think he should learn to speak English. He has no excuses, I think there is plenty of money to hire a tutor, books, whatever he needs. That state of the world is really pathetic when people start defending ignorance without excuse under the guise of racism.
RT, Michael Vick is not illiterate as far as I can tell. I've heard him interviewed more than once. For some reason, you have an issue with the way he pronounces his name. This does not constitute a need for a tutor or an extended education. If you're suggesting he needs a speech therapist, then say that. But even then, you're gonna come off like a jerk. Michael Vick doesn't need to impress you with his elocution. Whatever your gripe about it, I've heard him and it's nothing remarkable.

RumpleTumbler
07-18-2007, 05:24 PM
RT, Michael Vick is not illiterate as far as I can tell. I've heard him interviewed more than once. For some reason, you have an issue with the way he pronounces his name. This does not constitute a need for a tutor or an extended education. If you're suggesting he needs a speech therapist, then say that. But even then, you're gonna come off like a jerk. Michael Vick doesn't need to impress you with his elocution. Whatever your gripe about it, I've heard him and it's nothing remarkable.

You obviously never heard his Air Tran ads before he lost that gig. It simply wasn't good English, not a speech impediment. No amount of good will, the love of foozeball or personal adoration will change that. Have I heard him interviewed? No. I don't care for foozeball and don't watch any sports related anything. Perhaps he alters his speech during the times that he feels it best serves, however, I would think that there would be no reason to dumb yourself down. It could be that it's just me and he will quit foozeball this year and become a great orator. Perhaps eubonics will become the preferred method of speech for the entire world. We will just have to wait and see.

RumpleTumbler
07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Just being silly about the eubonics....google it.

gerrydodge
07-18-2007, 08:11 PM

What this particular group of misfits did if the dog they bet on lost was that they would either drown them, hang them, electrocute them or shoot them. This is an evil practice and evil people watch it.

davids
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
What this particular group of misfits did if the dog they bet on lost was that they would either drown them, hang them, electrocute them or shoot them. This is an evil practice and evil people watch it.

Do not forget throwing the animal against a wall-picking it up-doing it again-probably on the ground as these pesky critters are not light-at any rate enough to first torture the animal before it is dead-damned dogs-cats-roosters-porpoise thingys-tis a wonderful world indeed-some of the rational I have read in favor of blood sport is so on the mark-after all-around 35,000 children die each day in the world-so why should that be my problem right-I mean after all-what the hell is wrong with kids dying when there is enough food to feed them. Yes yes I know this is not a rational arguement-it would be-how do you say-a red herring? Hmmm-let them eat red herring I say

dclary
07-18-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm retreating from my position here. Not because I've changed my mind on it, but because I've heard more details about this specific case, and I don't want my brand of safe, humane dog-fighting anywhere NEAR this freak.

Electrocuting dogs to death? beating them or hanging them to death?

This man is a monster.

davids
07-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Nothing like a good safe humane dog fight-some of my best friends are good humane dogs

FatTire
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I bet Clary is a fantastic fisherman. The way he baits his hook...

III
07-18-2007, 11:34 PM
What a waste of tallent. What a waste of a potential role model. It's a shame.

FatTire
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM

Isn't Vick from Georgia?

davids
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Isn't Vick from Georgia?

I do not think so-I think he is from Pacoima and is head of some gang there!

JoNightshade
07-19-2007, 01:21 AM
You know what's even worse than dog-fighting?

CAT JUGGLING!

davids
07-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Yes but there is one even worse-nekid midgets with extremely long schlong juggling

FatTire
07-19-2007, 01:35 AM
I do not think so-I think he is from Pacoima and is head of some gang there!

Doubtful. Pacoima is mostly Hispanic gangs, Bythe Street and Bario Pacoima.

Vick is in Georgia now. Same with RT. Maybe RT should look at his states educational failures first.

jst5150
07-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Name all of these that are true of Michael Vick:

-- Had one year with a completion rate better than 60 percent?
-- Has passed for 3,000 yards in a season
-- Touchdown to interept ratio is better than 2:1 -- in any season
-- QB rating better than 82

Answer: none (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253). And he's played seven years.

davids
07-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Doubtful. Pacoima is mostly Hispanic gangs, Bythe Street and Bario Pacoima.

Vick is in Georgia now. Same with RT. Maybe RT should look at his states educational failures first.

True true but Mike has been making an effort at diversification

RT? Some of his best friends are educated

Jean Marie
07-19-2007, 04:40 AM
Nothing like a good safe humane dog fight-some of my best friends are good humane dogs
Same here. My avatar is normally me w/ my pup.

IMO, there's no such thing as humane dog fighting.

Vick is one sick individual.