http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/08/POP.TMP?g=true

(lemme know if that link doesn't work)

swvaughn
06-09-2007, 01:06 AM
No man will ever admit to man crushes. Poor ninja bunny does not understand. :D

ETA: On a public forum, that is...

scarletpeaches
06-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Why is it okay for women to have girl crushes (and I have plenty) but still seen as icky for a bloke to have a man crush?

No-one's expecting you to bum each other...though if it was Joaquin Phoenix and James Purefoy, I'd be right there with the camcorder...

III
06-09-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm secure enough to play this game...

Brad Pitt
Rob Lowe
Val Kilmer
And most of the men who post on AW ...

Siddow
06-09-2007, 01:37 AM
I'll out my husband's man crush:

http://www.achannel.ca/images/shows/smallville_lrg.jpg

Can't really blame him.

Bravo
06-09-2007, 01:59 AM
i have zero problem in admitting that i admire:

george clooney
christopher reeves
johnny depp
paul newman
robert redford
james dean (of course)
cary grant
the younger brando

Stew21
06-09-2007, 02:07 AM
i have zero problem in admitting that i admire:

george clooney
christopher reeves
johnny depp
paul newman
robert redford
james dean (of course)
cary grant
the younger brando

bravo and I have nearly the same crush list...*sigh*

in fact, I posted this picture in the Wah-keen thread to educate them on sexy.

http://www.stagepresence.co.uk/Movie%20Stills/KC348.jpg

'course all they'd really have to do is take a look at bravo's avatar

Trish, quite likely born in the wrong decade.

scarletpeaches
06-09-2007, 02:21 AM
You can't be sexy if you've got a moustache or you dress like a homeless.

TrainofThought
06-09-2007, 02:22 AM
*sigh*

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Train_of_Thought/Miscellaneous/McConaghey.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Train_of_Thought/Miscellaneous/jasonomara.jpg
Look at those eyes and lips.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Train_of_Thought/Miscellaneous/jasonomara2.jpg
That smile.

pconsidine
06-09-2007, 02:25 AM
The only guy that I could stand to be around for any length of time would be Mark Knopfler. But then, that's a guitar player crush, which is a slightly different sort of thing.

The_Grand_Duchess
06-09-2007, 02:44 AM

Staches and homelesseness are hot. I don't know what you're talking about. :)

skelly
06-09-2007, 02:45 AM
The dude who invented beer.

thethinker42
06-09-2007, 02:47 AM

Aw, c'mon, don't be so hard on yourself, Nichola.

Bravo
06-09-2007, 02:50 AM
also william haskins.

dclary
06-09-2007, 02:56 AM
That's because Bravo is your long lost twin sister, Stew, trapped in a boy's body.

As far as I go, I've had various man-crushes in the past, but there's not really anyone on the guy side who majorly floats my boat right now.

thethinker42
06-09-2007, 02:59 AM
One of my guy friends flat out admitted he would let Collin Farrell bone him. He said, "Look, I'm all about women. But the man has been a firefighter, a SWAT officer, and an emperor, among other badass things. If he told me he wanted to do me, I'd bend over and take it, and LIKE it."

Not sure if he said this with his wife around or not.

davids
06-09-2007, 03:08 AM
I think I am gonna puke-yah I just did-gimme another drink-not that there is anything wrong with wanting to lick the backs of a man's calves or his ding dong or his schwantz but-shit I just puked again, that is a woman's work as much as mine is to make them feel good-happy-secure-loved-taken care of-all the things they desire-that is my job-too bad nobody thinks that is a good idea-more the pity-more the pity-PLUS IT IS SILLY FRIDAY AND I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT IF ANY OF THE ABOVE MEN FEEL IT MACHO TO WANT A MAN-ADMIRE MAYBE-BUT CALL ME OLD FASHIONED AND IF YOU CALL ME A GIRL I AM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS! BELIEVE ME-I NEVER READ SO MUCH CRAP IN MY WHOLE LIFE-WELL THERE WAS THE DOCTOROW THING BUT THAT IS ANOTHER STORY! ANYBODY CARE FOR A BIT OF THE DEW AND SOME HONEST OGLING OF THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER WALKED THE EARTH-THAT WOULD BE FOR YOU MAN LOVING MEN-A WOMAN'S BODY! SHIT I JUST PUKED AGAIN-BETTER HAVE ANOTHER SWIG OR THIRtY OF GLEN LIVET-WHERE ARE THE MEN-WELL MOST OF THEM ARE WOMEN AND NOT THE KIND THIS OLD LOBSTER IS GONNA CHASE-SO NOW YOU CAN INTELLECTUALIZE TILL YOUR ASS FALLS OFF AND JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE OR MAKE FUN OF ME-IT IS SILLY FRIDAY GO AHEAD MAKE MY FREAKING DAY1111!!!!

III
06-09-2007, 03:13 AM
I think I am gonna puke-yah I just did-gimme another drink-not that there is anything wrong with wanting to lick the backs of a man's calves or his ding dong or his schwantz but-shit I just puked again, that is a woman's work as much as mine is to make them feel good-happy-secure-loved-taken care of-all the things they desire-that is my job-too bad nobody thinks that is a good idea-more the pity-more the pity-PLUS IT IS SILLY FRIDAY AND I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT IF ANY OF THE ABOVE MEN FEEL IT MACHO TO WANT A MAN-ADMIRE MAYBE-BUT CALL ME OLD FASHIONED AND IF YOU CALL ME A GIRL I AM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS! BELIEVE ME-I NEVER READ SO MUCH CRAP IN MY WHOLE LIFE-WELL THERE WAS THE DOCTOROW THING BUT THAT IS ANOTHER STORY! ANYBODY CARE FOR A BIT OF THE DEW AND SOME HONEST OGLING OF THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER WALKED THE EARTH-THAT WOULD BE FOR YOU MAN LOVING MEN-A WOMAN'S BODY! SHIT I JUST PUKED AGAIN-BETTER HAVE ANOTHER SWIG OR THIRtY OF GLEN LIVET-WHERE ARE THE MEN-WELL MOST OF THEM ARE WOMEN AND NOT THE KIND THIS OLD LOBSTER IS GONNA CHASE-SO NOW YOU CAN INTELLECTUALIZE TILL YOUR ASS FALLS OFF AND JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE OR MAKE FUN OF ME-IT IS SILLY FRIDAY GO AHEAD MAKE MY FREAKING DAY1111!!!!

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. :D

davids
06-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Methinks the lady doth protest too much. :D

That was to be expected-they say a bald head and a guitar make the man-well don't call me a lady and that aint no joke!

I wont be commenting on this sissy crap no more no how so go ahead and have fun-that is if it is the only way you know how-Mods I am out no use banning me-I am gonna shut-up it is the MANLY thing I do as I did for God and country-yada yada yada!

III
06-09-2007, 03:24 AM
That was to be expected-they say a bald head and a guitar make the man-well don't call me a lady and that aint no joke!

I wont be commenting on this sissy crap no more no how so go ahead and have fun-that is if it is the only way you know how-Mods I am out no use banning me-I am gonna shut-up it is the MANLY thing I do as I did for God and country-yada yada yada!

No offense intended, sir. May your silliness be manly.

zahra
06-09-2007, 03:27 AM
One of my guy friends flat out admitted he would let Collin Farrell bone him. He said, "Look, I'm all about women. But the man has been a firefighter, a SWAT officer, and an emperor, among other badass things. If he told me he wanted to do me, I'd bend over and take it, and LIKE it."

Not sure if he said this with his wife around or not.

Ah, yes, the 'going to bed with a SWAT officer/firefighter/emperor, and waking up with an actor whining about how he should have got that Academy Award' scenario. Your friend might like to save himself for some other lucky fellow...

Jedi Dad
06-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Alright guys, who are your Man Crushes?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/08/POP.TMP?g=true

(lemme know if that link doesn't work)

I'm man enough:

Ryan Reynolds from Blade 3 and Smokin Aces. Funny as hell guy too.

[/URL] [URL="http://www.ryanreynolds.tv/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=8"]http://www.ryanreynolds.tv/gallery/albums/movies/blade_trinity/screen_shots/tn_bladetrinity_screenshots037.jpg (http://www.ryanreynolds.tv/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7)

Akuma
06-09-2007, 04:17 AM
No contest.

Bruce Willis.

ChunkyC
06-09-2007, 04:21 AM
Hey, I'm secure in my manhood too.

Stephen Hawking. I love that man's brain.

As for appearance ... I can't think of a famous guy that fits the 'guy-crush' criteria, but a friend of mine is a stud-muffin of movie star quality. Gorgeous man, a living breathing work of art worthy of Michelangelo. And one hell of a nice guy too.

Yes, he's married.

Devil Ledbetter
06-09-2007, 04:32 AM
As for appearance ... I can't think of a famous guy that fits the 'guy-crush' criteria, but a friend of mine is a stud-muffin of movie star quality. Gorgeous man, a living breathing work of art worthy of Michelangelo. And one hell of a nice guy too.
Wow, you're friends with Eddie Vedder?

ChunkyC
06-09-2007, 04:34 AM
Wow, you're friends with Eddie Vedder?
Who?

BenPanced
06-09-2007, 07:43 AM
*gives davids manly ass-slap in slooooooooooooooow motion*
*gets a manly bruise on manly hand from manly crustacean exoskeleton*

Howard Keel, Gene Kelly, Sir Sean Connery, Alan Rickman, Chris Lowe from Pet Shop Boys, Dave Navarro, Magic Dick from J. Geils Band, Dustin Hoffman, Eric Roberts (*CUE ORCHESTRA*) JOHN LEGUIZAMO, JACKIE CHAN, KIEFER AND DONALD SUTHERLAND, KURT RUSSELL, (*ORCHESTRA PLAYS LOUDER*) LEMMY FROM MOTORHEAD, NICOLAS CAGE, AND ODED FEHR. THANK YOU.

SpookyWriter
06-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Man crushes what? Beer cans?

BenPanced
06-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Man crushes what? Beer cans?
Man crush beer can, car, house, moose, anything he want! grr!

(Yeah. I know. Not believable coming from somebody who lieks choklut meelk).

akiwiguy
06-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I can easily see sexiness in guys, but I don't have crushes on them.

I've thought, of the current stock...

Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, god I hate to admit it but yes Orlando Bloom ummm.. others, but those would be obvious.

This has come up on another thread as I recall, that usually my choices would be pretty much in synch with fems in the house. My wife's celebrity fantasy is Johnny Depp, and Colin Farrell is one of my daughter's.

Usually the fem celebrities that do it for me are my wife's choice too, in fact we've had many a theoretical argument as to which of us would get to them first. A name you don't hear a lot but we'd both bonk in a flash is Rachel Weisz.

NeuroFizz
06-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm man enough to admit I've never had a crush on another man. I've admired lots of men (none of them actors, by the way), but a crush is another thing, and nope. None. Not sorry about it, either. Comes pretty natural to me.

Where is that article published, anyway? Journal of Armchair Psychology?

Oh, yeah. I did just buy my wife a minivan, though.

thethinker42
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I love the fact that most of the men had to preface it with "I'm man enough to admit..." :D I don't see the women saying "I'm secure enough in my womanhood and the fact that I'm straight to say I'd totally do Angelina."

scarletpeaches
06-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Good point. I freely admit I'd do Angelina, but she's not my no.1 (sorry Lori).

Cate Blanchett for me. :LilLove:

TrainofThought
06-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I can appreciate men saying they donít have man crushes. There are women I admire, but I donít find women attractive at all.

Here are a few married man crushes that brighten AW.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/Silver-King/?action=view&current=JumboTarpon12Scott107.jpg
Not the silver one, the one in the middle. :D

And

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?u=1716
Love the smile.

scarletpeaches
06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I have a new entry on my 'list of favourite words' and wondered if this was the right place to say it?

...Manpon.

Haggis
06-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Spookywriter.

triceretops
06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
All right damn it. I don't heart the bastid, but I do admire Rod Taylor, ever since the Time Machine. And The Birds, too. I never hear the girls going gaga over Antonio Banderas (sp?), and I can't figure that one out.

Tri

writerterri
06-09-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm secure enough to play this game...

Brad Pitt
Rob Lowe
Val Kilmer
And most of the men who post on AW ...

Ewwww! :D

benbradley
06-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey, I'm secure in my manhood too.

Stephen Hawking. I love that man's brain.
He's really smart, but he's NOT all brains. His body did pretty well on the Vomit Comet ride.

Pagey's_Girl
06-10-2007, 02:52 AM
He's really smart, but he's NOT all brains. His body did pretty well on the Vomit Comet ride.

To quote Samuel Shem: "Brains is power, and power, kid, is sexy!"

akiwiguy
06-10-2007, 03:42 AM
On the subject of sexy men...

I saw a link a few months back to an advertisment, I think for beer, and it is a very cool looking guy with long hair (dreadlocks?) playing a harp. I do recall that the link was posted on some site by a Greek woman (who gave a quite detailed description of the state of her knickers after watching the ad), but I have no idea what country etc the ad was from, and I can't figure a google search that finds it.

But I'm going to say that for me, it is perhaps one of the sexiest ad I've ever seen, so cool and unusual. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Akuma
06-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Hmmmm, if I didn't put "I'm man enough to admit. . ." at the start of my post, does that make me even manlier?

Awwwriiight.

kristie911
06-10-2007, 03:58 AM
I never hear the girls going gaga over Antonio Banderas (sp?), and I can't figure that one out.

Antonio is far to slick for me...he seems very smarmy. Like he expects all women to drop at his feet with their legs in the air. Ick.

scarletpeaches
06-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Well I would. That accent...!

zahra
06-10-2007, 04:27 AM
I love the fact that most of the men had to preface it with "I'm man enough to admit..." :D I don't see the women saying "I'm secure enough in my womanhood and the fact that I'm straight to say I'd totally do Angelina."
Well, I freely admit that, though I'm straight and secure in my womanhood, there isn't a woman in the world I'd anywhere-near 'do'. No, it's the menfolk for me, and I ain't even all that keen on them at the moment.

thethinker42
06-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Well, I freely admit that, though I'm straight and secure in my womanhood, there isn't a woman in the world I'd anywhere-near 'do'. No, it's the menfolk for me, and I ain't even all that keen on them at the moment.

Understandable. I just think the whole "just so you know, I'm not gay, BUT..." is funny. ;)

I'm bi, so I don't bother with the disclaimers. LOL That could get really lengthy. "Even though my preference is for men, and I did marry a man, I'm also totally game for women, so my admission of uncontrollable Angelinalust does not actually make me gay, because technically I'm not, but in a way I kind of am..."

It's easier to just say "I'd do her." LOL

BenPanced
06-10-2007, 07:36 AM
"Even though my preference is for men, and I did marry a man, I'm also totally game for women, so my admission of uncontrollable Angelinalust does not actually make me gay, because technically I'm not, but in a way I kind of am..."
Now I feel like I have to sign a waiver or have a lawyer present to continue the conversation...

scarletpeaches
06-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Understandable. I just think the whole "just so you know, I'm not gay, BUT..." is funny. ;)

I'm bi, so I don't bother with the disclaimers. LOL That could get really lengthy. "Even though my preference is for men, and I did marry a man, I'm also totally game for women, so my admission of uncontrollable Angelinalust does not actually make me gay, because technically I'm not, but in a way I kind of am..."

It's easier to just say "I'd do her." LOL

I had this conversation with a bisexual (female) friend a while back. She was asking me if I'd ever had 'leanings' that way. Maybe she was making a pass, but you know me - thick as pigshit when it comes to realising someone likes me.

Anyway, my answer was, "I find some women attractive and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be with a woman. But when I look into my future and imagine settling down with someone, I always see that being with a man. But I still find women attractive."

I asked her if that made sense and she said it totally did. "You're straight, but you still recognise beauty when you see it, in either gender."

thethinker42
06-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Now I feel like I have to sign a waiver or have a lawyer present to continue the conversation...

Exactly...see why I just skip the pretense crap? LOL Starts sounding like a legal form...

thethinker42
06-10-2007, 07:54 AM
I asked her if that made sense and she said it totally did. "You're straight, but you still recognise beauty when you see it, in either gender."

EXACTLY. There's a huge difference between recognizing the beauty of someone and wanting to get in their britches.

scarletpeaches
06-10-2007, 07:55 AM
I also asked another bi friend why she'd never come on to me (no, I'm not suggesting bi people screw anything with a pulse) after months and months of flirting, and you know what she said?

"Nah, you're too straight."

WHAT??? Bloody great. Flirt with me and get me all bi-curious, and reject me, why dontcha.

*sigh*

I'll become a nun.

thethinker42
06-10-2007, 07:58 AM
I'll become a nun.

Ooooo, wear that habit when you come over next Tuesday...

scarletpeaches
06-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Did I ever tell you the story of my ex who dressed up as a priest for our first date?

No?

*scoots off to email Lori*

thethinker42
06-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Did I ever tell you the story of my ex who dressed up as a priest for our first date?

No?

*scoots off to email Lori*

Wasn't that Tsuki?

Silver King
06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
At this point, shouldn't this thread be re-titled, Woman Crushes?

scarletpeaches
06-10-2007, 08:31 AM
No, the guy in a cassock was definitely a guy. I know 'cause I defrocked him.