PDA

View Full Version : My Intro -- Redux!

RaineeRose
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm Dana, aka RaineeRose. I've been a member here for quite some time, but I haven't posted in ages due to monumental life changes like my marriage and the birth of my son! :) Anyway, I wanted to reintroduce myself.

I'm a freelance editor who absolutely loves editing but wishes sometimes that she were writing her own stuff rather than editing other people's books, stories, poems, etc. Ever since the birth of my three-month-old son, I've been feeling the urge to write again. My problem is, of course, lack of time, and I hope to learn from you all how to deal with that little item. I've started a couple of novels over the past few years, but I've never managed to complete them. As I said, my biggest problem is time management, but my secondary problem is probably anxiety. I find that I often get bogged down in the "Is this good enough?" way of thinking instead of just letting go and WRITING -- I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I think I need to set some goals for the rest of the year -- small ones, as the fear of failure is yet another of my problems. (I guess I have more "problems" than I had orginally though! LOL.)

Anyway, I'm very happy to be here (again!), and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I hope to share in your wisdom and maybe, just maybe, be able to contribute some things of my own.

Happy writing, everyone!

narnia
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi Dana! Congrats on the awesome life events! Time management and anxiety - no sweat! :D Umm, yeah, I've got them down - not!!!

See you around the boards!

:welcome: Back!

Death Wizard
06-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Write one page each day, seven days a week. No matter what!

Sandy J
06-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Small goals eventually equal big goals. :) Welcome back! And good luck!

Turtle07
06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Heya Dana! Welcome to the Cooler!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
06-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Welcome home! Glad you're back with us.

Nickie
06-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Hello Dana, and welcome. Also, congratulations on becoming a mum!

Nickie

Mel
06-08-2007, 02:13 AM
:welcome: back, Dana!

Chain of Memories
06-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Welcome to the cooler!

-Jay

glassquill
06-08-2007, 04:21 AM
:hi: Dana! Welcome back!

joyce
06-08-2007, 05:22 AM
:welcome: Welcome Dana...sounds like you have your hands full. Don't sweat it, just write something, even a paragraph. Be easy on youself though, a baby is a big responsibility and takes so much time that there never seems to be any left for ourselves. My daughter is now in college and I've found myself "trying" to complete a manuscript for years. At last I accomplished it. Sure, it seemed like it took twenty years, but damn it I finally did it. Welcome back and I'm sure you will find inspiration here.

Rebecca James
06-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Welcome Dana - Big congrats on the birth of your son....and good luck with your writing!

MacAllister
06-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Welcome back, Dana -- and congrats on all the terrific changes in your life!

SecretScribe
06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Congratulations!! :) Wow, those are huge changes in your life. Good to have you here.

Jackie Coupe
06-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Goals are important, hope you achieve yours!