I thought I should introduce myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
I came across this board last week and have been lurking ever since. The board seems great so I figured I should become a member and introduce myself!

I am currently working on my Memoir and am hoping to get it published in the near future. I have a valuable life experience I want to share with people and I am finally ready to do it! I'm about 21,000 words in to it, so I've got a great start.

I'm sure this will be the first of many, many posts...

Last edited:

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, me too. I'm writing about a VERY emotional time in my life. I first realized I wanted to write a book about the expereince 9 years ago, but I knew time had to heal some wounds before I was ready. But a huge bonus of waiting so long has been that I have had many more life experiences that I want to include to make it more inspirational.

When I sit down to write I always have a tissue handy. I have found it is much easier to just be ready for those emotions and type through my tears. A few of my close friends have read what I have written so far and all have been moved to tears by the shear emotion of it. So I guess I'm on the right track...

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!
It's about my Mother/best friend who died of Cancer. It was a magical journey in many ways while she was sick, but after her death there have been some extraordinary things that have occured. I think my story can give a lot of people hope and to see the beauty of the journey...

Turtle07

U know u wanna cookie...
Registered
Reaction score
Deep within the cryptic puzzle of my mind
Kadea said:
Yes, me too. I'm writing about a VERY emotional time in my life. I first realized I wanted to write a book about the expereince 9 years ago, but I knew time had to heal some wounds before I was ready. But a huge bonus of waiting so long has been that I have had many more life experiences that I want to include to make it more inspirational.

Ditto, except the experience is fresh and still happening. Mayb I should wait for a while? Then mayb it would be easier to write? I'm glad u were able to move so many people.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
From my experience, looking back- I was not ready to write the book in the way I wanted it to be written 9 years ago while everything was stiff fresh and happening- my emotions were way too raw. I have gained an amazing perspective on the events over the years.

What I do wish I had done was to jot down more journal like entires as things were occuring so I wouldn't be wasting so much time remembering all of the little things.

Hope that helps you!

Last edited:

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes! Nice to meet all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.