PDA

View Full Version : My eye is on FIREEEEEE!!!!

TsukiRyoko
04-27-2007, 07:12 AM
My dad threw his back out at work today. I agreed to give him a backrub with this generic Bengay stuff. I forgot that the stuff burns when you touch your eye. I go to swivel my contact, and now I'm ready to run through the house screaming like the woman in Psycho.

:cry: What gets this stuff out? My eye's been burning for a half hour, and the burn (which is surprisingly refreshing, might I add) has been progressively escalating the entire time. Help!

poetinahat
04-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Any DANGER instructions on the label? I mean, other than "do not put this in your eye".

czjaba
04-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Or you could leave the contact in your eye and take your whole eyeball out and after your dad goes to sleep, exchange it with one of his eyeballs. I mean, you were rubbing his back with the stuff, so it's technically his fault.

SpookyWriter
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
My dad threw his back out at work today. I agreed to give him a backrub with this generic Bengay stuff. I forgot that the stuff burns when you touch your eye. I go to swivel my contact, and now I'm reading to run through the house screaming like the woman in Psycho.

:cry: What gets this stuff out? My eye's been burning for a half hour, and the burn (which is surprisingly refreshing, might I add) has been progressively escalating the entire time. Help!I thought you were going to say "...and daddy was dumb naked." :roll: That'd burn anyones eyes out.

Bmwhtly
04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
You should take the contact out But, THIS TIME, wash your hands first.

Bmwhtly
04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
My Eye is on the FIREEEEEEI have a solution!
Take it off the fire and put it back in your head where it belongs.

cletus
04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I remember one time putting Bengay on my mom's back. When I was done I went into the bathroom to wash my hands, but since I had to pee I thought I'd do that first so I'd only have to wash my hands once.
BIG mistake. Bengay doesn't only burn eyes.:e2cry:

seun
04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Do the same to your other eye. Then you will have balance and all will be well in the universe.

aadams73
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
:cry: What gets this stuff out? My eye's been burning for a half hour, and the burn (which is surprisingly refreshing, might I add) has been progressively escalating the entire time. Help!

Water, and lots of it. Basically stick your eye under the stream of water from the faucet.

J. Weiland
04-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Water, and lots of it. Basically stick your eye under the stream of water from the faucet.

By now she won't be able to read this.

aadams73
04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
By now she won't be able to read this.

Oh. Well.

*Ahem*

Tsuki, I recommend these (http://www.glasseyes.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?ref=human). Or perhaps a fetching patch.

Bmwhtly
04-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Basically stick your eye under the stream of water from the faucet.No, take it out and put in the dishwasher.

Pagey's_Girl
04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
I didn't realize I had a bit of hot sauce (courtesy of a Taco Bell lunch) still on my hand once and took out a lens to dampen it...

The good thing was that after that, my eye wasn't dry any more. It watered for the rest of the day.

scarletpeaches
04-27-2007, 06:13 PM
This reminds me of the time I was eating chilli doritos and rubbed my eye. Doh!

C.bronco
04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Try the squirty thing on your kitchen faucet, and keep rinsing your eye with cool water. If you don't have a squirty thing, stick your eye under the faucet.

thethinker42
04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I had to wear a plastic mouthguard for a few months while my dislocated jaw was being treated. Obviously, I had to take it out to eat.

Well, a friend and I were going out to lunch, but first decided to go out in his yard so he could, as he'd promised repeatedly to do, show me how to use a can of pepper spray.

When I took my mouthguard out to eat, about an hour later, I learned I had NOT sufficiently washed my hands enough to remove ALL of the pepper spray. Oops. (Thankfully, I didn't rub my eyes...but my mouth burned for a while...)

TsukiRyoko
04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, I'm back to wearing glasses now. *sigh* They're going to get busted in the mosh pit tonight.

thethinker42
04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, I'm back to wearing glasses now. *sigh* They're going to get busted in the mosh pit tonight.

That's what you get for touching your dad and then touching your eye.

Rich
04-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Not to be a pain in the ass, Tsuki, (something in which I am) will you continue to draw folks to your venial trials and tribulations by starting yet another thread on your smaller than life mishaps?

TsukiRyoko
04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
That's what you get for touching your dad and then touching your eye.
Imagine what wnould have happened if it were Michael Jackson. *shudders*

TsukiRyoko
04-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Not to be a pain in the ass, Tsuki, (something in which I am) will you continue to draw folks to your venial trials and tribulations by starting yet another thread on your smaller than life mishaps?
So, asking advice on how to get Bengay out of my eye counts as a venial tribulation? Because I've been told that it'd worthy of the Poison Control Center. :Shrug:

scarletpeaches
04-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I for one am entertained by Tsuki's posts. Long may they continue.

thethinker42
04-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Imagine what wnould have happened if it were Michael Jackson. *shudders*

You would've touched Michael Jackson?

If it were MJ, I would've run screaming the opposite direction...nevermind touching him and then touching my eye.

thethinker42
04-27-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm glad she does it. It makes me feel better about the random bullshit in my own life.

That, and I make posts like that too...

scarletpeaches
04-27-2007, 10:33 PM

If it were MJ, I would've run screaming the opposite direction...nevermind touching him and then touching my eye.

Makes a difference, someone touching him for a change*.

Shamone, motherf***er!

*These are not the views of anyone on AbsoluteWrite and should not be taken as such.

WildScribe
04-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I make salsa for my husband periodically... .and I forgot last time that I had already toughed the jalepenos. I rubbed my eye... OMFG!

TsukiRyoko
04-27-2007, 10:45 PM

With my standards, I gotta say...

...It's a maybe.

TsukiRyoko
04-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Makes a difference, someone touching him for a change*.

:roll:

dclary
04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I understand that rubbing wasabi and lemon juice into the affected area may help.

davids
04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
I understand that rubbing wasabi and lemon juice into the affected area may help.

Wise advice-then you can waxh that out with some cheap scotch and drink your eye wash!

cray
04-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Flush your eye out with milk.
...preferably kangaroo milk but really any milk will suffice.

scarletpeaches
04-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Urine is sterile, so you should probably get someone to golden shower your face.

Sassee
04-28-2007, 12:01 AM
... and the burn (which is surprisingly refreshing, might I add) has been progressively escalating ...

This made me LOL @ work.

<Bill Engval voice> "Heeere's yer sign."

thethinker42
04-28-2007, 12:05 AM
I make salsa for my husband periodically... .and I forgot last time that I had already toughed the jalepenos. I rubbed my eye... OMFG!

My husband and I were at Olive Garden once...he'd taken me there to cheer me up 'cause I had had a bad day (not to be confused with my current food poisoning/cat blowing up my TV week...this was another day). He was squeezing a peppercini or whatever the fuck those little green things are into his salad...and it squirted STRAIGHT into his eye. I fell out of my chair laughing.

It cheered me up though!!

So from then on, whenever I'm in a bad mood, he goes, "Want me to squirt my eye with a pepper?" And I start laughing. :)

thethinker42
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM

A highly concentrated saline formula (commonly referred to as: salt) will probably help too...

czjaba
04-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I for one am entertained by Tsuki's posts. Long may they continue.

I agree completely. :popcorn:
Keep on with your posts, Tsuki, we support you. :e2headban