Not open for further replies.

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Cardiff. Berlin. Mars. (One day.) Buenos Aires, so
Website
www.herrad.net
See... yes, it's not a good thing, this website, & the bloke's intention to help "paedophiles out of the closet" is frankly disturbing.

But the problem I have with the media calling attention to cases such a these is that this then obscures the fact that actually, the vast majority of children who are abused, are abused by a family member, family friend or other person in their immediate environment, like a teacher or priest or someone -- a person they know and trust.

The nasty stranger is a bogeyman. Maybe because the actual truth is that much more disturbing that poeple are reluctant to face it.

Qué sé yo...

davids

Banned
Reaction score
And there are actually people against lynching-sorry-I am a simple man who would lynch this bastard-draw and quarter him-I know I know it is making me like the people I hate and all that bull-so it is and so I am-lynch the bastard I say!! Sorry Bob that I cannot add anything more constructive but it pisses me off to a degree that violence roars its ugly head-I hate war-violence-bullys-and people like this-among others-so now someone can say what a rotter I am for this and-frankly Scarlet I do not give a damn! luv and hugs Dave

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
"As disturbing and offensive as we find this, there's no evidence of a crime, or even suspicion of illegal activity,"

I'm confused...how is it not illegal to post a recognizable photo of a child without permission? I think it's even illegal to do that to adults.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Well personally, I'm glad to know this guy's leanings right out there on the face of things. One less person you have to wonder about. In being this vocal, he's virtually harmless. His community and local police are well aware of him and he'll not be able to sneeze out of line.

It's perverse and upsetting, but he's not saying anything we don't already know. There are people with these proclivities - that's well established. Why they're wired this way is the stuff of textbooks. What they have to understand is that they can't act on these impulses, regardless of how natural they feel, which is what he's proclaiming. (Although, he clearly doesn't 'get it' completely, even using the word 'consensual' in the same interview that he mentions being attracted to three-year-olds.)

I seriously doubt him signposting to school events, public parks and swimming pools is any revolutionary inspiration to pedophiles out there.

The only thing I object to (besides the whole avenue of interest - which is entirely beyond my control) is the use of pictures of children who have no signed release for there images to be used. That's no bueno.

Other than that, I hope all the local pedophiles sign up on the site, post their pictures and addresses and favorite haunts. Forewarned is forearmed.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i feel nauseous.

but im with perks on hoping more pedophiles sign up on the site.

/insert puke emoticon.

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
You on an 'anti-free speech' binge today, Robert? :D
I was hoping you would ask!

No, I just really get irritated when people use an Internet forum, anonymous names and hide behind “Freedom of Speech” to spew out things they would never dare say to someone’s face. We have exchanged common courtesy, for flaming using the most disgusting language one can imagine, and anyone and anything is fair game. This is done all under the guise of freedom of speech.

Want a good example? Look under Writing Novels, “What are some good synonyms for "dirtbag"? It has a 5 star rating, 134 posts and 1,218 views, lots of good info on writing Novels!

Well, contrary to what a whole bunch of people would like to believe, there is no such thing as absolute freedom of speech, there are limits and definitely consequences in the real world. On an Internet forum there are no consequences, maybe getting banned but that’s about the extent of it.

*Steps of soap box*

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
im not getting into the free speech angle of this, but something else was kind of interesting about that article.

the man pretty openly said that laws were deterring him from acting out on his impulses.

i wonder if something as severe as castration could put some more fear in pedophiles?

i know we had this discussion before, but the last time it seemed to just stick to whether a pedophile would be "cured" by castration.

well forget about that part. IMO, keeping your penis intact is a pretty good incentive to stay on the right side of the law.

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
The thing is, there's much, much that's unsavory out there. Mass media and omnipresent global communication has made this planet a great deal smaller than it's ever been. Secrets are not very anymore. We all know so much more than we used to and there's no putting these horses back in the barn.

But it's not new.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Bravo, the title is a mere hook. The OP subject is free speech.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
i wonder if something as sever as castration could put some more fear in peodophiles?

i know we had this discussion before, but the last time it seemed to just stick to whether a pedophile would be "cured" by castration.
I fear castration as punishment for sexual crimes. Not that I don't think it's warranted, but some of these vicious impulses may lead to dead women and children (and the more rare male victims) if a spent attacker thinks two steps ahead of himself.

That may be more or less groundless, but it worries me anyway.

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
I fear castration as punishment for sexual crimes. Not that I don't think it's warranted, but some of these vicious impulses may lead to dead women and children (and the more rare male victims) if a spent attacker thinks two steps ahead of himself.

That may be more or less groundless, but it worries me anyway.
I agree with you if castration is the punishment, he is more likely not to want a live witness.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
the guy in the article is disgusting.

but i'm also disgusted at the (rare, but vocal) people on this forum championing some form or another of speech restrictions.

it's bad enough on forums infested with zealots who can't see past their own agendas, but it's especially disgusting on a writers' site.

makes me fucking sick.

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
the guy in the article is disgusting.

but i'm also disgusted at the (rare, but vocal) people on this forum championing some form or another of speech restrictions.

it's bad enough on forums infested with zealots who can't see past their own agendas, but it's especially disgusting on a writers' site.

makes me fucking sick.
Take some Maalox

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
No, I just really get irritated when people use an Internet forum, anonymous names and hide behind “Freedom of Speech” to spew out things they would never dare say to someone’s face.

anonymous pamphlets and tracts have a long and noble history for advancing ideas and opinions that might be dangerous or controversial. while freedom of speech allows for assholes like the one referenced in the article, it also allows for people like sophie scholl.

Well, contrary to what a whole bunch of people would like to believe, there is no such thing as absolute freedom of speech, there are limits and definitely consequences in the real world. On an Internet forum there are no consequences, maybe getting banned but that’s about the extent of it.

no one here has ever said that freedom of speech is absolute. and there are damn well consequences, even on an internet forum.

*Steps of soap box*

if you're done with it, i can suggest a good place to store it.

Last edited:

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
At least you’re consistent.

Why are we doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.