Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Tennant's real voice is Scottish.

Ooooooh...

Gerard Butler is on top of the aforementioned list, followed by Timothy Dalton. I'm cool with it.

(The hazards of living in upstate NY and hearing that twang day-in, day-out.)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*sniffle* *sniffle*

Okay, Part 2 it may not have been the bast Who ever, but it came pretty darn close. It might've been the best if--and I'm surprised I'm saying this--Rose and not Martha would've been the Companion. More romantic tension.

Tennant is nearly in a 3-way tie on my "actor I'd seriously consider wrecking my marriage with" list.

As if. :rolleyes:

The brief trailer for Blink looked good too.

Go ahead, gloat all you British folks. I know we're a year and a half behind y'all. :Ssh:

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Rose was annoying. Martha, Martha, Martha!

So there.

Reaction score
Tennant's real voice is Scottish.

Ooooooh...

Gerard Butler is on top of the aforementioned list, followed by Timothy Dalton. I'm cool with it.

(The hazards of living in upstate NY and hearing that twang day-in, day-out.)

That usually happens with people from Bathgate. ;)

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, 'cuz Martha's whining about Rose is so lovely.
How would you like it if the only man in the universe (literally) you loved was hung up on some buck-toothed blonde?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
All I'm sayin' is that Martha can be a bit annoying too (I have to stick up for Rose 'cuz no one else seems to want to. I actually like them about equally)

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
All I'm sayin' is that Martha can be a bit annoying too (I have to stick up for Rose 'cuz no one else seems to want to. I actually like them about equally)
OK, we won't fight :)! I expect we'll be united in horror when Catherine Tate's the companion.:D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
OK, we won't fight :)! I expect we'll be united in horror when Catherine Tate's the companion.:D

I'm so not looking forward to that. C'mon, he's the Doctor. If the BBC has conveniently ignored how many regenerations he was originally supposed to have, they can make with the loophole that'll bring back Rose. Heck, they brought back the Master. I mean, c'mon, people. (We haven't seen the Master ep here yet, so I don't know how it ends. I'm just talking out of the top of my hat. Please don't tell me. Thanks.)

Maybe Catherine Tate can switch allegiances to the Master. Sort of like Superman/Lex Luthor and Lois/Lana. Then the Doctor can get Rose.

Just a thought.

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
He'll be back, no worries. He's a master at comebacks. Gonna miss John Simm as the manical TimeLord, though. His facial expressions are, er, timeless.

valen_sinclair

Blowing bubbles in the wind
Registered
Reaction score
missed most of the chat here as a newbie....but when they introduced the master I couldv'e cried, as I was planning a killer master script, which I then had to dump

Evaine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeinhay.blogspot.com
David Tennant turned on Blackpool Illuminations this year!
This is a quaint little British custom in which the seaside town of Blackpool puts decorations illuminated with literally millions of light bulbs along the sea front, called the Golden Mile, though it's more like 5 miles long. One of the set piece intallations used to be the Tardis control room - I should think it's still there. They also have illuminated trams that travel along the sea front (or Prom), and they light up Blackpool Tower (which looks a bit like the Eiffel Tower) as well. Every year they get a celebrity to throw the switch to turn the lights on (one year it was Kermit the Frog, when the Muppet Show was really big here).
Since there has been a Dr Who exhibition in Blackpool for many years, I think the Doctor was an obvious choice this year.

valen_sinclair

Registered
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS.
Doctor who will NOT return for a fifth series until 2010!
It is unknown who will play the doctor as tennant has not yet signed.

there will be a special in 2009 but that is all....

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
BREAKING NEWS.
Doctor who will NOT return for a fifth series until 2010!
It is unknown who will play the doctor as tennant has not yet signed.

there will be a special in 2009 but that is all....
The word from Tennant himself (who's currently playing Hamlet on stage) is thus:

The current series and Three Specials take them up to 2009 after that "Who knows, I could get run over by a truck by then".
But the BBC have reported that they're not doing any filming without him. And in 2009 they'll give the Doctor a year-long break to accomodate Tennant's plans.

It sounds to me like they want to keep him on. and rightly so.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
David Tennant turned on Blackpool Illuminations this year!

Since there has been a Dr Who exhibition in Blackpool for many years, I think the Doctor was an obvious choice this year.

Also, he did that BBC drama series, 'Blackpool'. So it all ties up, in a very neat, universal, law-of-balance, shut-up-Zahra way.

Blackpool itself is horrid, I think. I was once stuck there for 3 months and I will never go near the place again, no matter who they have turning on the lights (we did, that year, I seem to remember, though now it does seem a bit improbable...)

valen_sinclair

Registered
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows anyone who might be interested in some doctor who autographs, as I am selling some I have. Patrick Troughton, Colin Baker, Mark Strickson, and Nicolaus Courtney....any help