Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Zahra

I hope you weren't making fun of my British accent, young man.

NO not at all. Not in any way. I am a True Brit and Love the Brit Accent! However I have had to lose most of my Britishness and my Yorkshire/Sheffieldish.

Hey rep point coming your way - Young man. It has been a long time since I was called a young man!

Why are you in Taiwan?
1) I am teaching English. My 1st job TOLD me that i had to ditch the Brit accent and speak "American". (Taiwan is extremely AMERICANISED.) Oh Geee do I have to speak AMEREEECAN? Yep! I do!

2) I am a missionary over here. I tell kids and adults who will listen about Jesus.

Kevvers & I really do like Kevvers. No one has called me that before and I have been called a lot of things!!!!!!!!!!!!
;-p

Last edited:

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Kevvers, it is a far, far greater thing you do than I would ever do. I can't believe you have to speak with a US accent! Hilarious. Make your friend send you the DVDs immediately. Tell him it's your earthly reward. Remind him of the time you saved his life (oh, you must have, at some stage, you're just not thinking). Send him the money and tell him he's now fiscally obligated, or something. But get those DVDs!

Um...Amazon?

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Is this true? When?

Nesbitt to be new Who?
Thu 02 Aug 11:34 AM. By Press Association Enlarge Photo
From the moment David Tennant slipped into the black leather jacket vacated by Christopher Eccleston, speculation has been rife as to when the handsome Scottish star will step down as the Doctor.

He's always maintained a dignified silence, but when names start to be bandied about in the Press, there's usually something afoot.

Jekyll actor James Nesbitt is rumoured to be the next in line to fly the Tardis. He's good friends with Steven Moffat, who wrote Jekyll, and who is widely tipped to replace Russell T Davies, who steps down next year.

That's a lot of rumour, but according to an insider: "Moffat has worked with James on Jekyll and the talk in BBC Drama is that he's a shoo-in as the next Doctor. First a Scottish Doctor - now we could have a Northern Irish one."

Never mind his nationality - will he be able to defend us from the likes of the Ood, Slitheen and - of course - the Daleks?
More TV News

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I saw that too, but he won't for the next season as David Tennant has already been signed up as far as I know.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
NNNOOOO! Not James 'I'm such a twinkly Irishman' Nesbitt. Oh, dear God. That's it. If Dr Who ever consists of James Nesbitt and Catherine Tate, I'm outta there.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
According to the gossip on unitnews, this is not true (in fact, I think Stephen Moffat may have confirmed that it's not true).
I'm just hoping that David has a good, long run. I don't think I can handle another Doctor change yet, & they're running out of incarnations anyway.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I'm just hoping that David has a good, long run. I don't think I can handle another Doctor change yet, & they're running out of incarnations anyway.
I hope Mr Tennant sticks around a bit too.

But regarding the limited incarnations; am I right in thinking that the Master ran out around Peter Davidson. And he came back.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jean Marie

I liked the first Dr. Who, better.

Are you talking about the VERY 1st Dr Who? WOW!! You you have a great memory!!!

K.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I hope Mr Tennant sticks around a bit too.

But regarding the limited incarnations; am I right in thinking that the Master ran out around Peter Davidson. And he came back.
Yeah, that confused me too (I don't know the actor, but saw "The Deadly Assassin" recently & the Master was in his 12th incarnation & trying to find out how to live beyond it).

Reaction score
Bear in mind the front runner is never the man picked. If Nesbitt IS the new Doctor, I'm outta here, though. He gets right on my nipple ends.

You know who I think would be perfect? Richard E. Grant. Who's with me? :D

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
Richard E Grant was rumoured to be the next Doctor before Eccleston and company came along.

I hope Tennant stays awhile. Whoever said he's Tom Baker on crack has it spot on. Love it when he playts dumb, like Patrick Troughten did. Too bad Eccleston didn't stay longer, though...

As for incarnations, I thought he got 'em all back somehow...after all, he's more than a Time Lord.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
People who I don't want ever to be the Doctor: (amongst those who might actually be considered)

Richard E Grant - no posh fops, please
James Nesbitt - irritating twinkly turn
Robson Green - sour-faced
Simon Pegg - onion-faced
David Morrissey - God, he's miserable
Robert Carlyle - even when he smiles he looks like he wants to bite you
Rupert Everett - see Richard E Grant
David Walliams - annoys the living hell out of me
Sanjeev Bhaskar - not convinced about the acting, otherwise, wouldn't mind
Robbie Coltrane - not as wrong as the others, but not totty, is he? I'd like totty in some measure, call me sexist...

You know who I would quite like now? Kevin McKidd. I rather think he'd be fab.

Last edited:

AzBobby

Ought to be writing instead
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think the Doctor should be female - he's been male in 10 out of his 12 regenerations, after all.
I'd like to see Romana back though - I'm sure there was a loophole in the original series in which she could have survived the Time War (by being in E-Space, I think).

Um, I think he's had 9 regenerations (that we've seen, assuming Doctor #1 was the first to pass on), meaning 10 Doctors total. Presumably there can be 13 if he can regenerate 12 times. Not sure if there's any official math on this in the BBC Bible.

I've been hoping Romana would come back as well! Since the Big Face promised that the Doctor was not alone, my family's been making guesses on this one. I think the return of the Master is a done deal though, so who knows how many Time Lords are still flying up and down the whooshing time-tube thing.

It's too much to hope for, but since they've done multiple-Doctor episodes in the past, it would be awesome if a future episode included the underused Paul McGann if not all three of the most recent actors. They have a "missing story" to tell of his regeneration into the Eccleston incarnation, after all. So a look at that Time War would probably be a story about Doctor #8.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
People who I don't want ever to be the Doctor: (amongst those who might actually be considered)

Richard E Grant - no posh fops, please
James Nesbitt - irritating twinkly turn
Robson Green - sour-faced
Simon Pegg - onion-faced
David Morrissey - God, he's miserable
Robert Carlyle - even when he smiles he looks like he wants to bite you
Rupert Everett - see Richard E Grant
David Walliams - annoys the living hell out of me
Sanjeev Bhaskar - not convinced about the acting, otherwise, wouldn't mind
Robbie Coltrane - not as wrong as the others, but not totty, is he? I'd like totty in some measure, call me sexist...
Good list, excellent reasoning, nods of agreement.

You know who I would quite like now? Kevin McKidd. I rather think he'd be fab.
It's very easy to visualize a Dalek with a bashed-in dome running around in circles shrieking "EMERGENCY SEVERE HEAD BUTT DAMAGE EMERGENCY!"

-Derek

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
It's very easy to visualize a Dalek with a bashed-in dome running around in circles shrieking "EMERGENCY SEVERE HEAD BUTT DAMAGE EMERGENCY!"

-Derek

Yeah, a Doctor who looks like he could forget the decencies of diplomacy and science, and just lose it and chin the alien. Not all the time, though (see Robert Carlyle) but just that hint of hard man.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, a Doctor who looks like he could forget the decencies of diplomacy and science, and just lose it and chin the alien. Not all the time, though (see Robert Carlyle) but just that hint of hard man.
Like Sean Pertwee?

ETA: I forgot when I posted, that he's actually the son of John Pertwee (Dr #3).

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know you could use "Totty" for men!!!

Oh, Kevvers, that's nothing to some of the words I use for men...:) I think that kind of word is non-gender-specific these days. (Are you worried, now, that behind your back some of your students are going, 'Hey, that Professor Kevvers is prime totty, isn't he?'

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Like Sean Pertwee?

ETA: I forgot when I posted, that he's actually the son of John Pertwee (Dr #3).
Sean Pertwee - great suggestion. His profile is a little low for the role, but otherwise, yup.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
Sean Pertwee - great suggestion. His profile is a little low for the role, but otherwise, yup.
Well, he's done enough to be recognised.

Besides, Mr Tennant wasn't too well known before he donned the big brown coat was he?

Incidentally, has anyone pointed out the similarities between Tennant's Doc and Mal from Firefly?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Um, I think he's had 9 regenerations (that we've seen, assuming Doctor #1 was the first to pass on), meaning 10 Doctors total. Presumably there can be 13 if he can regenerate 12 times. Not sure if there's any official math on this in the BBC Bible.
11 regenerations, so 12 Doctors.