Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw the 2nd part of the Dr Who that finished last w'end. Genius stuff. Take a bow, Paul Cornell, writer. And what a blinder from the Tennant. When he said, 'Why can't I stay?', there wasn't a dry eye in...er...my head. Bet Billie wishes she'd stayed just for that episode.

And Freema isn't leaving. Russell says that's nonsense. Phew.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH! :Headbang:

I can't even see the blasted Christmas episode till sometime in JULY!

Go ahead. Kick a gal when she's down. >waaaahhh<

There, there. All good things come to those who wait. (Though I didn't reckon the Xmas epi that much, to be honest.):D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
There, there. All good things come to those who wait. (Though I didn't reckon the Xmas epi that much, to be honest.):D

But [rages in impotent envy] you've been seeing the new episodes for months and all we get is the occasional crumb of a rerun.

It's SO not faaaaiiiir... :e2cry:

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
I can't bear to see a soul in such torment. Sigh...Do you want to come and live at my house? You can watch the rest of the series, and the re-runs, and buy the DVDs when they come out.

Just don't drink my gin.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I can't bear to see a soul in such torment. Sigh...Do you want to come and live at my house? You can watch the rest of the series, and the re-runs, and buy the DVDs when they come out.

Just don't drink my gin.

I'm a good cook, too, and I clean windows. [sits up and gives puppy-dog eyes]

Sigh... my husband and kids would probably object. Claim I have responsibilities or something equally grown-up and boring. But thank you. You understand the cravings and the withdrawal.

[starts marking off the days till the US premiere]

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a good cook, too, and I clean windows. [sits up and gives puppy-dog eyes]

Sigh... my husband and kids would probably object. Claim I have responsibilities or something equally grown-up and boring. But thank you. You understand the cravings and the withdrawal.

[starts marking off the days till the US premiere]

Next episode looks pretty damn good...I think your children will probably understand, when they're older...About the hubby I can't promise, men being the unreasonable creatures they are.

(Isn't there a law in the US against luring away someone's spouse? Even if it's for good TV? Oops!)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
;) and here I was hoping for A F...oh well......

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Next episode looks pretty damn good...I think your children will probably understand, when they're older...About the hubby I can't promise, men being the unreasonable creatures they are.

(Isn't there a law in the US against luring away someone's spouse? Even if it's for good TV? Oops!)

Probably.

Tough being a grown-up. :tongue

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I think the christmas episode was bad, and yes it may have had something to do with Catherine Tate. The writing in the current season seems to be much better than in previous ones and the acting from the current doctor has been outstanding.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
stop ya Gripes & Whines

Hi

You guys are whine coz you have to wait or this episdoe was naff. C'mon guys get a grip. I live out in Taiwan where they have not even heard of Dr. Who let alone show it. My friend got me some Dr Who DVD's (going back a bit when Piper first appered!!) however he left them in KOREA with a friend to post to me. HAS HE???? NO!!!
SO I still don't get to see Dr Who and who know when will.

So just be thankful you all can get to see them at all.

Kev.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

You guys are whine coz you have to wait or this episdoe was naff. C'mon guys get a grip. I live out in Taiwan where they have not even heard of Dr. Who let alone show it. My friend got me some Dr Who DVD's (going back a bit when Piper first appered!!) however he left them in KOREA with a friend to post to me. HAS HE???? NO!!!
SO I still don't get to see Dr Who and who know when will.

So just be thankful you all can get to see them at all.

Kev.

You'll have done something very bad in a past life. That'll be it.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Tomorrow! Tomorrow! Tomorrow!

8 pm on CBC! I LOVE living 20 mins from the Canadian border.

:PartySmil

Christmas movie AND first episode. Wah-hoo!

Life is good...

Report back with your review. I shall be waiting.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
As requested:

15 minutes in, I was looking for someone--anyone--to put duct tape over the Runaway Bride's mouth. And honestly, IMO a weak episode. Spider Empress chewed the scenery a bit much. Overall, merely a good "fix" for the Doctor-starved.

First episode:

Not bad. I didn't warm to Martha, really, but I didn't warm to Rose for a few episodes either. Liked the rhino guys. Liked the sweet little old lady vampire. Objected to the House-like jerk insulting the interns. An obvious redshirt. (Um...what's with the Dictor's hair? Nobody gets bedhead that bad!) Liked it when the rhino gave Martha the chit as "compensation" for the scan.

Like how the Doctor pines for Rose just a bit. Hate to say it, but as annoying as Rose could be, I'd like to see the doctor breach space and time and throw caution to the wind and hook up with her.

We get the Shakespeare episode next week. (DON'T TELL ME!) Hope it'll be as decent as the Eccleston Dickens episode was.

Feeling better now...the Doctor is back on in the States. :e2cloud9:

(Of course, Tennant is no Tom Baker or John Pertwee. But you can't have everything.) ;)

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
15 minutes in, I was looking for someone--anyone--to put duct tape over the Runaway Bride's mouth. And honestly, IMO a weak episode. Spider Empress chewed the scenery a bit much. Overall, merely a good "fix" for the Doctor-starved.
That's about the size of it.

Liked the rhino guys.
They reminded me of the Fifth Element, but I"m not quite sure why.
Um...what's with the Dictor's hair? Nobody gets bedhead that bad!
Doctor who's hair? that's not bedhead, it's like that for the rest of the series!
Like how the Doctor pines for Rose just a bit.
Get used to it. It comes back now and then.
We get the Shakespeare episode next week. (DON'T TELL ME!) Hope it'll be as decent as the Eccleston Dickens episode was.
No SPoilers! Promise.
If you'd like an opinion, don't look away. If you wouldn't do.

Not as good as Ep1 but better than Xmas.

(Of course, Tennant is no Tom Baker or John Pertwee. But you can't have everything.) ;)
Well, I always thought Tennant was kinda like Tom Baker on Crack. But that may just be me.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
They reminded me of the Fifth Element, but I"m not quite sure why.

You're right--they're a simpler version of the warriors who buy the guns from Gary Oldman's character. (I love Fifth Element--except for Chris Tucker's character, who needs to be blown up. Several times.)

Doctor who's hair? that's not bedhead, it's like that for the rest of the series!

:Wha:

Well, I always thought Tennant was kinda like Tom Baker on Crack. But that may just be me.

:roll: That's great! And quite apt. I think I agree.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
As requested:

First episode:

Not bad. I didn't warm to Martha, really, but I didn't warm to Rose for a few episodes either. Liked the rhino guys. Liked the sweet little old lady vampire. Objected to the House-like jerk insulting the interns. An obvious redshirt. (Um...what's with the Dictor's hair? Nobody gets bedhead that bad!) Liked it when the rhino gave Martha the chit as "compensation" for the scan.

Like how the Doctor pines for Rose just a bit. Hate to say it, but as annoying as Rose could be, I'd like to see the doctor breach space and time and throw caution to the wind and hook up with her.

Feeling better now...the Doctor is back on in the States. :e2cloud9:

Great review! Yes, not a strong episode, rubbish baddy, actress playing the Runaway Bride a popular comedienne but perhaps not all that suited to this role.

DT - well, we all know I preferred Chris E, but I think he's doing OK, and wait til you see him in the more 'human' episodes.

Martha will grow on you. I promise.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Well, the season Finale has finished.

Which means that we're all Wholess until the Christmas Special (which looks like it'll involve a certain famous Iceberg).

And the word on the Radiobox is that Martha will be in about half of next season's episodes.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the last two episode of the current season and can't believe we have to wait until Christmas for the special. Now what am I meant to do on a Saturday evening?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the season Finale has finished.

Which means that we're all Wholess until the Christmas Special (which looks like it'll involve a certain famous Iceberg).

And the word on the Radiobox is that Martha will be in about half of next season's episodes.

Freema Agyeman, AKA Martha Jones, will be in 3 episode of the Doc Who spin off, Torchwood. She won't be in the first half of the next season of Doctor Who, but will return for the second half of the season. There will also be a new (as yet un-named) companion for the Time Lord who will appear in the entire 13-week run. The next season begins filming this month.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
John Simm was excellent. So much better as a baddie. He just hasn't a good-guy face.

BUT I'm really pissed off that Freema's being sidelined. :cry: How dare they? So who are they gonna get to be the 'primary' companion? Not that annoying, simpery one from the statues episode, I hope. I know the BBC likes her, for some reason. They said the next companion will be a big name, so perhaps not, but then they said Freema was not leaving. We've been lied to. :rant: It's akin to 'I did not have sex with that woman'. To all intents and purposes, she's leaving.

Who do you think they've got lined up?

Oh, God, I'm a geek.

But seriously, who do you all reckon?