Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed by the way they got out of last weeks cliffhanger, but only for the first five minutes or so, the rest of the episode was brilliant. I thought Donna was hilarious with regards to Captain Jack. So hard to talk about the show without spoilers, isn't it ;)

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to know one thing. You can message me to avoid spoilers if you want but we need to know. At the end of the last episode is Tennant still the Doctor?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Answer for NYBrit: Yes, he is.

It is okay to post spoilers - the thread title clearly indicates that there may be spoilers here. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click on it!

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
in that case, to answer your question NYBrit, yes. Yes x 2 in fact or even yes x 2 1/2 (it'll make sense when you see it)

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Crap, I totally forgot about Doctor Who. I get so confused about what day it is when I'm not working. Well, off to download I go. It'll give me something to look forward to while I'm doing laundry.

I'm glad tenant isnt gone though. I really really liked him. loved, even

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
You know what I hate? When I'm watching a Russel T Davies show and you're going along and it's all good and you know things are pointing towards something fairly bad but you figure it'll be okay and then BAM he hits you with it and it's so much worse than you thought and he makes you cry. Especially when he throws in something good. A happy ending for Rose. Yay. Everyone smile. Except that's not good enough for Mr. T Davies. No, no. Now he's gonna make you cry.

And hey, did everyone catch that Martha and Mickey Mouse are joining Torchwood? How cool is that?

I'm sad the season is over, but I'm looking forward to what they're going to do for the four movies they've got planned for 2009.

Oh by the way, does anyone know which episode the doctor's daughter gets killed in? I missed that one. I just need a number so I can find it. Thanks. :)

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
hm...pretty sure it's just 'The Doctor's Daughter' :D but more specifically, episode 4.6

Oh wait, i'm confused. In the doctor's daughter, she revives and takes off to explore the galaxy and to do "lots of running." but they never mentioned her again. I guess I thought there was another episode about her where they wrapped up the story line. Never mind. :)

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure that will continue in the future. Unless of course they're setting up another spin off.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wait, i'm confused. In the doctor's daughter, she revives and takes off to explore the galaxy and to do "lots of running." but they never mentioned her again. I guess I thought there was another episode about her where they wrapped up the story line. Never mind. :)

Not only will the doctor's daughter show up again, I think she will end up in a spin-off series. The BBC want their own version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - here they have a kick-ass teenage girl character who can give them that!

Has anyone noticed that Anthony Head (aka Giles) narrates the Dr Who Confidential series??

As for the final episode, I thought the wiggling out of the regeneration business was a cop-out (like how come we've never had this before, in the 40-odd years that Dr Who's been around as a series??).

But I enjoyed the episode, thought that most of the loose ends were neatly tied up, and there was a sad but satisfactory ending.

Shara

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
I think they could wiggle out of the regeneration thingie because he's never had an extra hand lying around. lol I went along with it.

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
*tries to restrain self from more puns on the handiness of having a spare*

Is anyone else feeling a little exhausted from the continuing self-sacrificing mindset of the Doctor?

I really enjoyed the episode and all, but it's just...exhausting with the emotional ups and downs...just to kinda have him push everyone away again. Or maybe I'm just highly impatient to see where the rest of the story is going :p Very...very impatient.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Boy I hope I didn't kill this thread! :flag:

Ok I promise I won't come out with any more quips ok?

Normal service has been resumed. Just put it down to extreme boredom at work

Last edited: