Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*everyone put their hands over their ears*

AAGGHH! What are you all talking about!?

*remove hands, please*

I'm addicted to this thread, even tho we're 2 weeks behid you now. *waah*

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*ahem* My rant of the week:

I HATE 2-PART DOCTOR WHO EPISODES!

Thank you.

Loving Silence in the Library, even though I intensely dislike having a kid actor play terror and pain. Intensely.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I thought Silence in the Library the best Who in a very long time, and that child actress is excellent.

Does anyone know when the US is getting Torchwood (beyond BBCA)?

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I'm afraid I've missed a few episodes on this run.

I forgot about the second part of Silence in the Library until Monday.
And I was out this Saturday. I would have caught the repeat on Sunday night but it clashed with Top Gear.
Was it good?

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
OMG this week's Doctor Who episode is so fantastic!! No spoilers. Torchwood was mentioned. I can't believe there's only two more episodes left. Totally sucks.

As for Torchwood. I doubt anyone will get it other than BBCA. Also next season of torchwood will only be 5 episodes broadcast over five consecutive nights, all one big story. I may have said this already. If I have, sorry. lol

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
OMG DOCTOR WHO IS AWESOME!

That's why my WIP is really just a giant secret Doctor Who fan-fiction...but don't tell any of the publishers ^^

I mean, I make references to "Lords and Masters of Time" and a robotic/cybernetic race who wants to cleanse the galaxy with fire and how the Lords and Masters of Time fought them to a standstill and so on.

Also the MC finds a discarded Sonic Screwdriver in the beginning.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Come on, admit it. Russel T Davies is a freaking GENIUS. Who else could have so many different elements in one episode and have it totally rock. And of course, David Tennant does a brilliant job of acting. And what a b*tch, no teaser at the end. just those three horrible, dreaded words. To. Be. Continued.

I was really worried because Russel T is leaving, but I just found out that Stephen Moffat wrote Blink, and The Girl In The Mirror, so I'm not that worried. Torchwood, I'm still a little worried about, I don't know if Julie Gardner has the vision, and Chris Chibnall is leaving. I don't like that Torchwood is so up in the air.

But yeah, this episode of Doctor Who was brilliant. I wont say anything cause I don't want to spoil it for anyone in the US, but OMG you'll love it.

I sound like some little fangirl. oh well.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Thank you thank you thank you for not spoiling it.

Next Friday is Independence Day weekend here in the states, and the SciFi channel does a 3-day marathon of Twilight Aone episodes.

So ANOTHER 2-week wait for The Tennant. Augh.

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
The penultimate episode of Doctor Who was fantastic this week, one of the best episodes ever IMO. You people who haven't seen it yet are definitely in for a treat :D

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
*ahem* My rant of the week:

I HATE 2-PART DOCTOR WHO EPISODES!

Thank you.

Loving Silence in the Library, even though I intensely dislike having a kid actor play terror and pain. Intensely.

I agree 100%. But when you have the dvds it isn't a problem. It's a good excuse to watch two episodes instead of one! :D

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
The penultimate episode of Doctor Who was fantastic this week, one of the best episodes ever IMO. You people who haven't seen it yet are definitely in for a treat :D

What's the name of the episode? I've just finished the 2 part Library storyline. Very good. Trouble is it looks like it might be setting up the departure of David Tennant! :( Whoever replaces him is going to have a tough job!
Another gripe...I have to wait two weeks now for the next episode! I've lost track of how far into the season I am. How many more episodes to I have to go?

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
NYBrit, it's called The Stolen Earth. If you just finished the library storyline you have 4 more episodes to go. The next one, Midnight, is episode 10, written by Russel T Davies. After that is Turn Left, also by Russel T. Then it's on to the two part finale, first one, The Stolen Earth, followed by Journey's End. And that's it till 2010. Except for, supposedly, the christmas special and four two hour movies in 2009.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
they're only 13 episodes in britain so yeah they fly by. I only just got over my bereftness (is that a word) from torchwood ending and now doctor who. i cant handle the stress.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

The ending of the most latest episode (Stolen Earth) fills me with sadness!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting Saturday's final episode and am glad to find other people to ramble on about Dr Who to.

But I don't want to drop spoilers.

All I will say is, there's never been anything said anywhere about David Tennant leaving the series.

Shara

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
If he is, it's the best kept secret ever. I have to admit though, I was not expecting a clifhanger like that. I am looking forward to Saturday's episode, too. Shame there isn't going to be a proper series next year, though :cry:

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
All I have to say is AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh.......

Does that give away any spoilers for the season finale? :p

In other words, I thought it was brilliant.

steveg144

Crusty Polemicist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CrustyPolemicist.blogspot.com
All I will say is, there's never been anything said anywhere about David Tennant leaving the series.
Shara

I'm hoping he stays. He plays the good Doctor with such over-the-top bravura that one would have to feel sorry for any actor trying to reprise the role after he leaves.