PDA

View Full Version : Kid Gets Stuck in Vending Machine

AnneMarble
10-26-2006, 08:55 AM
This is another case of a kid who saw a toy he liked in one of those games with the crane, couldn't get it out, then climbed inside the machine and got stuck. There seems to be a slew of these recently.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061024/ap_on_fe_st/toy_toddler (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061024/ap_on_fe_st/toy_toddler)

What's really weird about this one is that firemen eventually ended up passing a screwdriver to the kid, and this three-year-old kid used the screwdriver to get himself out of the machine! :Wha:

In 20 or so years, I might be driving the cars this kid designs. Or at least playing the arcade games he designs. ;)

Southern_girl29
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I read this today at work on the AP wire. I couldn't believe it, but then again, now that I think about it, I could see my little girl doing the same thing, lol. She loves those machines.

P.H.Delarran
10-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Oh this one had me laughing hard. (since the kid is OK that is)

dclary
10-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh this one had me laughing hard. (since the kid is OK that is)

This is such bullcrap (no offense, it just is). These machines have a backboard that locks in place to keep you from reaching up and taking toys. Anyone who could get in could get out through the same route.

This story is as real as Nessie or Bigfoot.

Vincent
10-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Are you sure the machine didn't eat the kid?

blacbird
10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
This story is as real as Nessie or Bigfoot.

Or weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

caw.

September skies
10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
How the heck do they get in there???? After I saw this on the news, I have stopped at several of them and can't see how a child can squeeze in there.

I guess another option to getting him out is to just put in some quarters and have the claw grab him/her and drop her in the exit chute. LOL

dclary
10-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Or weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

caw.

lol

Spirit_Fire
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
So if I use the machine, and a kid comes out, I get to keep it. Right?

billythrilly7th
10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
I remember when Skippy was 8 and he got his head caught in the bannister.

I also remember when Skippy was 11 and he got his head caught in the bannister.

And I also remember when Skippy was 17 and....yep...he got his head caught in the bannister.

And each time, Mr. and Mrs. Handleman got him out.

xhouseboy
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
The Animal Rights faction would have a field day if Skippy was still on the go.

Skippy was a disposable commodity. I remember an interview with one of the actors fondly recalling how Skippy was put up a tree with a harness and crane. When he pointed out to the producers that kangaroos didn't climb trees, he was told that Skippy most certainly does. And if Skippy fell and broke his neck? No problem, Skippy number 55 was waiting for such an opportunity to show what he could do.

alleycat
10-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Madonna is now adopting the kid claiming he will have a better life with her than with stuffed animals and cheap plastic toys. She will be on Oprah next week to discuss how badly she's been treated by the media, and to urge a ban on the vending machine industry so no other children will have to go through the humiliation of being picked up by a tiny little crane.

Jongfan
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
I read this article in the paper this morning, smiled to myself because of the look on his little face, as if he knew he did something wrong.

Becky Writes
10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
The Animal Rights faction would have a field day if Skippy was still on the go.

Skippy was a disposable commodity. I remember an interview with one of the actors fondly recalling how Skippy was put up a tree with a harness and crane. When he pointed out to the producers that kangaroos didn't climb trees, he was told that Skippy most certainly does. And if Skippy fell and broke his neck? No problem, Skippy number 55 was waiting for such an opportunity to show what he could do.

Maybe I'm lost, but wasn't Skippy Handleman on Family Ties?

About the kid, he should have at least gotten the Spongebob!

TheGaffer
10-27-2006, 12:19 AM
BOY TRAPPED IN REFRIGERATOR
EATS OWN FOOT

billythrilly7th
10-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Ohhh....look who finally shows up days after the Met debacle.

AnneMarble
10-27-2006, 12:25 AM
About the kid, he should have at least gotten the Spongebob!
This was actually debated on a radio show I listened to this morning. (I listen to the cool shows. :D) The host (a former cop) thought the kid shouldn't get the Spongebob because it would teach him the wrong lesson. The producer thought the kid should get the toy. However, both thought that the kid should be made an honorary fireman or something. ;)

billythrilly7th
10-27-2006, 12:27 AM
A. He should not have gotten the toy. He should have been arrested for trespassing/breaking and entering.
B. He is obviously not cut out to be a firefighter. His aptitude probably lies somewhere in the janitorial arts. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TheGaffer
10-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Ohhh....look who finally shows up days after the Met debacle.

Resisting temptation to give negative rep point. Urge fading...fading... fading..RISING...fading... gone.

I'll check out that other thread to see what people said there. The one I started and abandoned while wallowing.

English Dave
10-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Kid's parents make big bucks off the media. Majority of people don't give a crap.

Vincent
10-27-2006, 01:00 AM
A. He should not have gotten the toy.
B. He is obviously not cut out to be a firefighter. His aptitude probably lies somewhere in the janitorial arts. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Isn't that sweet.

Christine N.
10-27-2006, 01:04 AM
What I wanna know is who stopped and TOOK THE PICTURE???

xhouseboy
10-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Maybe I'm lost, but wasn't Skippy Handleman on Family Ties?

Yeah, but two different Skippys here methinks.

Whenever Skippy is mentioned, it immediately brings to a UK mind Skippy the bush kangaroo. I didn't read the 'Handleman' part of Billy's post, but the antics sounded similar. Skippy the kangaroo also got up to all sorts of high jinks within the household.