Kicks and Giggles with the Half Blood Prince

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Love the Harry Potter series?

Well, here's a little game to while away your spare time:

In the American version of the book there is a mistake on page #485 (Hard Cover version).....or is there? Hmmmm......PM me with the correct answer and earn the link to where secrets to other books and authors can be found.

(Hint: Test the waters first, before ye drink)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm....no takers, huh? Maybe you need a hint that's not so hard?

Okay: As per the first post, JK Rowling has the potion master call one of Harry's friends by a different name; a name that should be easily recognized.

In a few minutes I'll add a piece of trivia for another author......

Okay, here it is:
The name of the "superflu" (Captain Trips) in "The Stand" seems to be there for King's own enjoyment.

To those in the know, "Captain Trips" was one of Jerry Garcia's nicknames during the 60s.
So, after such a huge epidemic, the people who have died are actually better off than those people left behind.

The ones who died are obviously "The Grateful Dead".

(In the hardcover edition there are references to songs by: Bruce Springsteen, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, The Sylvers and Larry Underwood.)

Last edited:

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
It isn't an error. Slughorn is always mixing up the names of students that are not a part of his special club. It was quite intentional on the part of JKR.
See page 397 (same version of HBP) for another instance of the same "error".

Didn't know that info about the Stand. Neat! I love when authors do those kind of things...

:) 10000