PDA

View Full Version : Do Any Men Work At Victoria's Secret?

billythrilly7th
09-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Ladies?

Ever seen a man work there?

I was thinking of applying for a job there. It could be a lot of fun.

Do they hire men?

Don't they have to? Like some law or something?

What say you?

Thank you.

SC Harrison
09-26-2006, 03:43 AM
I was thinking of applying for a job there. It could be a lot of fun.

Do they hire men?

I'm not sure, but I know they don't appreciate it when you flood them with applications and hang out for hours right outside the dressing rooms. ;)

dclary
09-26-2006, 03:49 AM
I believe men do work at Victoria's Secret. But I don't know. I've never been inside their store.

aadams73
09-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Yes. I have seen men working in Victoria's Secret. And no they weren't sniffing panties or foaming at the mouth. In fact, I don't think they were terribly interested in the clientele, if you get my drift :)

alleycat
09-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Have you tried one of the San Francisco stores?

MidnightMuse
09-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Wouldn't it be against the law to refuse to hire men?

Although I'd like to know why Baseball Umpires are only men.

Bubastes
09-26-2006, 03:58 AM
I haven't seen any men working at VS, but I have seen a high school boy work at Sephora.

Smart kid. He said that thanks to his job (and the discounts he gets), he has four potential dates for the homecoming dance. I'm sure he's the most popular guy at his school.

MidnightMuse
09-26-2006, 03:59 AM
What's Sephora ?

billythrilly7th
09-26-2006, 04:00 AM
Yes. I have seen men working in Victoria's Secret. And no they weren't sniffing panties or foaming at the mouth. In fact, I don't think they were terribly interested in the clientele, if you get my drift :)

I do.

I think I should apply and try to convey that lack of interest.

I smell a sitcom!

"Billy's Secret"

A man fakes being gay to get a job at the local lingerie shop in a small Pacific Northwest town and hijinks ensue.

Bubastes
09-26-2006, 04:01 AM
What's Sephora ?

Makeup heaven:
http://www.sephora.com

wordmonkey
09-26-2006, 04:05 AM
Once went shopping with my wife. This is hellish, but she offered me the carrot of a trip to VS at the end when she would buy something saucy.

So in we go and she selects a couple of items, pops off to the changing rooms and I am left holding bags and waiting. Sounds like I shoulda been happy, right?

But no. I was the only guy in the place and every female pair of eyes was watching me like I was some kind of monster, drooling and waiting to leap on anyone who strayed too close. Now granted, I might we be like that, but I was out with my wife and looking at the prospect of some jollies later - therefore, I'm on my best behavior. I couldn't get out quick enough and have never strayed back in again. I had a very real fear that if I had waited any longer, castration was on the cards.

aadams73
09-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Makeup heaven:

Oohhhh yes. I have to stay aware from that place. Many dollars can just evaporate in there.

alleycat
09-26-2006, 04:12 AM
I smell a sitcom!

"Billy's Secret"

A man fakes being gay to get a job at the local lingerie shop in a small Pacific Northwest town and hijinks ensue.
And you can have him room with two woman, one a ditzy blonde and the other one who overacts every line. And for that old-fashioned humorous touch, Billy can trip over things all the time.

I can almost hear the opening theme now . . .

Come and shop at our store,
Where life's never a bore

Okay, the jingle needs work.

MidnightMuse
09-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Makeup heaven:

Oooh, war paint ! :D

rhymegirl
09-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Hmmmm...I don't know.

I doubt they let men work there. That'd kinda be like men working as mammogram technicians. It would make women nervous.

Bubastes
09-26-2006, 05:45 AM

LOL!! I can usually control myself in there, but I have, um, 18 red lipsticks and 10 bottles of perfume. Apparently, my self-discipline is lacking in two specific areas.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 05:49 AM
Screw that. *I* am going to become a waiter at Hooters, if I can't work at Victoria's Secret then!

Haggis
09-26-2006, 05:51 AM

I'm sitting here trying to imagine a toad wearing lipstick and eyeliner.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 05:52 AM
I'm sitting here trying to imagine a toad wearing lipstick and eyeliner.

It would certainly make it easier to kiss...

GPatten
09-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Oh, man! That would be neat if it were not for the time a girlfriend dragged me into one in Orlando. All the salesgirls were dressed in scanty silky things, looking oh so pretty and zeroed in on me. It think my skin left my embarrassment, ran outside, and waited for me to leave.

I got even with her when we dropped into a department store where I paused at a mannequin, lifted up its dress and peaked.

Ah, memories of long ago. I miss those days I had in my youth.

Oh, I forgot, no there wasn’t any men working in there.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 06:05 AM
What would be fun is, while your girlfriend/wife is in the changing room and you're holding the bag, tell every person who walks by (whether they look at you or not) "It's not for me! IT's for my girlfriend!" And say it very defensively.

Opty
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
When I worked in the mall, I knew of a guy who worked the "fragrance counter" at VS. He was straight (supposedly) and was doing it to get chicks, but it turned out none of them were interested in him and I think they thought he was gay.

Rolling Thunder
09-26-2006, 07:11 AM
You could always try standing out front, with your tongue pressed up against the glass, and claim you're the window washer.

billythrilly7th
09-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Maybe I'll just apply for a stock boy position.

After Closing...
Hot Manager: Oh, stock boy, can you help me unload the new WonderWear Lingerie.
Billy: Of course, ma'am.
Hot Manager: Wow, stock boy, you have great thighs. No wonder you're so strong and can lift those boxes.
Billy: Thank you.
Hot Manager: Stock boy, do you think these WonderWear outfits are sexy?
Billy: Uh...I don't know. I guess I'd have to see them on someone.
Hot Manager: I'll try them on and you tell me what you think.
Billy: Okay.

Hot manager disrobes and puts on the WonderWear skyblue bra and thong panties.

Hot Manager: What do you think?
Billy: I think they are very sexy.
Hot Manager: I think you're the sexiest stock boy we've ever had work here.

:kiss:

Billy: Oooooh, baby.

holla dolla

Soccer Mom
09-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Let's all pause and give billy a moment in here alone.

billythrilly7th
09-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Thank you. I'm done.

Carry on.

SC Harrison
09-26-2006, 08:15 AM
You could always try standing out front, with your tongue pressed up against the glass, and claim you're the window washer.

It doesn't work. You'd be surprised how quick mall cops can be.

Soccer Mom
09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Too bad the name Bosom Buddies is taken. How about "Dude looks like a lady?" "Billy and the Boingers?" Darn. All the good titles are taken. Maybe you'll just have to go with the "Billy Thrilly Show."

maestrowork
09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
I worked at Victoria's Secret.

Not at the store, but at the corporate office, building their e-Business site, so you pervs could log on and buy your kinky nightwear in the privacy of your own boudoirs.

And no, there were no models working at the corporate office, to my dismay.

Soccer Mom
09-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Hence the fact that you no longer work there.

Rolling Thunder
09-26-2006, 08:39 AM
It doesn't work. You'd be surprised how quick mall cops can be.

Hope you didn't knock over any of those old 'mall walkers' during the chase.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Hope you didn't knock over any of those old 'mall walkers' during the chase.

He plowed me right over, though. I was just inside the VS doorway, on a high ladder. I was...changing lightbulbs. Yes. Maintanance.

September skies
09-26-2006, 09:04 AM
A man works at Victoria Secrets at the Visalia Mall in my hometown. I've seen him there twice - behind the counter. He's very nice and very small - about 5'4" or so and slim. Once he had a pink, long-sleeve shirt and tie on, and the other time, a white, long-sleeve shirt and tie. Is he gay? I don't know. He's soft spoken but that does not mean he's gay.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
A man works at Victoria Secrets at the Visalia Mall in my hometown. I've seen him there twice - behind the counter. He's very nice and very small - about 5'4" or so and slim. Once he had a pink, long-sleeve shirt and tie on, and the other time, a white, long-sleeve shirt and tie. Is he gay? I don't know. He's soft spoken but that does not mean he's gay.

The tie, however, clinches it. He's gay. Sorry.

Rolling Thunder
09-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Was he changing lightbulbs on a tall ladder, desperately trying not to be noticed as SC plowed over him? :)

Ah, you can't get away with it that by playing the gay gard that easily Pete! We're on to ya!

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Was he changing lightbulbs on a tall ladder, desperately trying not to be noticed as SC plowed over him? :)

Look, these things just have to be done. Someone has to do them. I am talking about changing light bulbs.

Rolling Thunder
09-26-2006, 09:11 AM
You did notice the hidden cameras, right? I'm betting the glare from your eyes bugging out while looking down from way up there is a dead give away.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I didn't notice the cameras, but when you're an Official VS Lightbulb Changer, you don't tend to look up at the ceiling very often.

It's compliated, and technical. You wouldn't understand.

Rolling Thunder
09-26-2006, 09:15 AM
:roll:

I take it yodeling at the mountain tops (instead of whistling while you work) is part of the job description as well?

persiphone_hellecat
09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Billy? Not for nothing but perhaps you should apply for a job at a store called "Get a Life" ... Sorry to burst your bubble - but that woman who just tried on the sky blue lingerie for you is a lesbian and you better hurry up because her girlfriend is waiting outside and she could beat the crap out of you.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 11:18 AM
The woman's girlfriend is three hundred pounds of muscle and tatoos named "Histimine" with a crewcut, except for the back, which is a mullet. She is ruddy-cheeked, beady-eyed, has three more chins than you, and is going to rip you apart.

Run, Billy. Scream "Look! Rosie!" and run like hell.

Soccer Mom
09-26-2006, 07:01 PM
OMG--Is that Wanda? She's looking at you, Billy. Run into the lesbian's arms. Trust me. It's better that way--quick and painless.

September skies
09-26-2006, 09:58 PM
why is it that two lesbians together (especially if pretty) are hot but two men together, no matter how well-built, are just another couple?

and just curious - do lesbians wear stuff from VS -- aside from TV scenes. I mean, all the lesbians I've ever seen in public or know, are big manly girls

maestrowork
09-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Speak for yourself. I know of a lesbian couple -- both of them are what you'd call "lipstick lesbians." They're certainly hot items, and many men continue to ask them if they want a third... LOL. We are so stupid, thinking every lesbian couple want a man (like me) to join them.

I think women do find two men together hot. Gay TV shows are very popular with straight women.

September skies
09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm just saying that I've never seen cute lesbian couples except for television. Part of that may be the small town I live in. And I've never seen gay tv shows, so I can't say, but I did find brokeback mountain pretty endearing.

PeeDee
09-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm just saying that I've never seen cute lesbian couples except for television. Part of that may be the small town I live in. And I've never seen gay tv shows, so I can't say, but I did find brokeback mountain pretty endearing.

I've known many lesbian couples and not a single one of them have been remotely attractive. They've been large, middle-aged woman, they've been woman like I described above, they've been midgets (ahh, that was funny).....they have never been, for example, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson.

It came as a short, sharp shock to me when I got out into the world and discovered that lesbians didn't look like they do on TV. It nearly broke me.

Also, they have a continual fascination with my wife, which I would feel more comfortable with except that every time she plays The Sims 2, her character invariably winds up getting Woo-Hoo with the other girls.

*stomps off*

rhymegirl
09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Excuse me, but have you ever seen Portia De rossi?

TrainofThought
09-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Excuse me, but have you ever seen Portia De rossi? Yes and it would be nice if someone fed her. Sorry.

*time to log out*

maestrowork
09-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Angelina Jolie likes women, sexually. Enuf said.

rhymegirl
09-27-2006, 01:34 AM
Yes and it would be nice if someone fed her. Sorry.

*time to log out*

Look at her face--that's the point.

rtilryarms
09-27-2006, 02:33 AM
Well, I remodeled 7 Victoria’s Secrets stores in different malls around 1982. they let me work during the day on electrical since there was no dust.

Not once, not twice but several times I was wiring the lighting above the dressing rooms with my ladder inside the room. The women still came in and started to change!
The dialogue went like this each time:

“Sorry Ma’am, I am working in here.”
“It’s OK, just don’t look.”
“No, please give me a second and I’ll take a break.”
“It’s alright, really.”
“Lady, this is definitely against safe electrical practice. I better take a break.”

They didn’t wait.

*clenches teeth with the memory*

maestrowork
09-27-2006, 02:38 AM
So, you did look.

Rachael
09-27-2006, 03:25 AM
This is from Page 1, but...

Why aren't men mammogram technicians??? The best darn doctor I've ever had (and specifically the best gynecologist I've ever had) is a guy... I've had so many weird strangers looking at my naked body the past few weeks, I guess it doesn't really matter to me anymore... *shrugs*

SC Harrison
09-27-2006, 03:38 AM

I would have got away if it weren't for those meddling kids.

Actually, I would have got away if I hadn't ordered the Skinny Mocha Latte on the way out.

one more: I would have got away if the clerk at Radio Shack hadn't been demonstrating the cool little radio-controlled dune buggy. Fascinating.

Rolling Thunder
09-27-2006, 03:53 AM
I would have got away if the clerk at Radio Shack hadn't been demonstrating the cool little radio-controlled dune buggy. Fascinating.

I'm betting more than one pervert has thought about mounting a small wireless camera on one of those and sending it into VS.;)

(Damn....did I just give my secret of success away?)

SC Harrison
09-27-2006, 04:05 AM
I'm betting more than one pervert has thought about mounting a small wireless camera on one of those and sending it into VS.;)

(Damn....did I just give my secret of success away?)

Even better, you could mount the camera on a robot Llhasa Apso, Persian kitty or even a cute little gerbil...on second thought, I'd just stick with the dog and/or cat. You never know when Richard Gere might show up.

Rolling Thunder
09-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Dammit, SC. If I have nightmares about Richard Gere tonight I'm going to be spending a lot more time in the 'But what does it mean?' thread tomorrow.

rtilryarms
09-27-2006, 04:17 AM
So, you did look.

Today I would.
Then I did not.

stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid! stupid!

aadams73
09-27-2006, 04:18 AM
cute little gerbil...on second thought, I'd just stick with the dog and/or cat. You never know when Richard Gere might show up.

Lemmiwinks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmiwinks

PeeDee
09-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Not once, not twice but several times I was wiring the lighting above the dressing rooms with my ladder inside the room. The women still came in and started to change!

They would have way more business if they just did away with the dressing rooms and let women try things on wherever they wanted. They could even help each other out, if there was trouble.

BottomlessCup
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Maybe male employees would be nicer about letting guys go into the dressing room with their girlfriends. The chicks are all snotty, "And youuuuuu can sit right there."

What's the point of going along if you can't go in there?

PeeDee
09-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe male employees would be nicer about letting guys go into the dressing room with their girlfriends. The chicks are all snotty, "And youuuuuu can sit right there."

I know! I mean, what are you buying the stuff for, anyway?

What they should really do is just throw the goods on the floor in a heap. After all, that's the best way to tell what they're going to look like when they're brought home.

:D

(Hello, I am a Male Pig, please forgive me.)

Soccer Mom
09-27-2006, 09:39 AM

So you can pay for the lingerie! Sheesh.

And you can hold her purse while she tries on the goodies.

persiphone_hellecat
09-27-2006, 09:47 AM
I just asked my son about this. He informed me (really!) that his best friend - a totally out there computer geek applied at Vic's at the beginning of summer. Apparently he was told that he could only work stock.

I have a little scenario in mind. Sockpuppet going into Vics' to try and get a job - other guys waiting outside to jump and cry Discrimination! when he is refused a job.

Angry Applicant: So you're saying I cant work in women's lingerie?

Bored Vic's Manager: No dear, I'm saying no such thing. As long as you wear clothing over top of it, your undergarments do not concern me.

PeeDee
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Angry Applicant: So you're saying I cant work in women's lingerie?

Bored Vic's Manager: No dear, I'm saying no such thing. As long as you wear clothing over top of it, your undergarments do not concern me.

In a perfect world, the part of "Bored Vic's Manager" would be played by Groucho Marx. He would deliver that line perfectly.

maddythemad
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
There are definitely SOME guys who work at Victoria's Secret, because one time I was in there with some friends, and one of them tried on this double-D bra and marched up to a cute salesguy, saying, "Does this fit me?"

He turned all red and was like, "Maybe you should try a size smaller." Hahaha, serves her right.

PeeDee
09-27-2006, 11:21 AM
He turned all red and was like, "Maybe you should try a size smaller." Hahaha, serves her right.

HAH! Zing! Whatta guy!

Braver than me, certainly. I would have gone, "Dur, dur, dur" and then I would have gone unconscious.

persiphone_hellecat
09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
In a perfect world, the part of "Bored Vic's Manager" would be played by Groucho Marx. He would deliver that line perfectly. Actually I think I would deliver that line in perfect Mae West.... Goodness had nothing to do with it honey.

maestrowork
09-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Pretend to be gay. Apply for the job. Get it. Then brag to all your straight guy pals about it.

It pays to play gay sometimes.

PeeDee
09-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Pretend to be gay. Apply for the job. Get it. Then brag to all your straight guy pals about it.

It pays to play gay sometimes.

The trick would be remembering to turn the gay voice/mannerism back off before you go brag to your friends.

The VS around here is always hiring, I've always thought about applying, except that I haven't matured much more than I did when I was seven, and therefore don't make it past the front door because there are women in there.

Rachael
09-28-2006, 02:28 AM
There are definitely SOME guys who work at Victoria's Secret, because one time I was in there with some friends, and one of them tried on this double-D bra and marched up to a cute salesguy, saying, "Does this fit me?"

haha! Too good. That sounds like something I would do, although sadly, I actually wear a DD... >_<

MattW
09-28-2006, 03:18 AM
I had some friends (female) that worked there in college. I was very interested in the training program on how they became certified bra fitting specialists.

I also wanted them to steal me a poster that advertised said fitting services.

BottomlessCup
09-28-2006, 06:22 AM
haha! Too good. That sounds like something I would do, although sadly, I actually wear a DD... >_<

Have I been misusing the word "sadly" all this time?

Stew21
09-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Have I been misusing the word "sadly" all this time? hooligan

BottomlessCup
09-28-2006, 07:28 AM
hooligan

Your new avatar makes me feel guilty. ;)

Stew21
09-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Your new avatar makes me feel guilty. ;)

your avatar reminds me of an unfortunate Xeroxing incident...

(I'm kidding, people!) :)

Jaycinth
01-09-2007, 12:48 AM
And (snicker) this one was on page 69(snicker)

Stew21
01-09-2007, 12:50 AM
where it belongs!

eta: and I see my bad humor is what killed it...excellent.

jennifer75
01-09-2007, 12:55 AM
They do hire men/guys, and I've seen them.

What gets me and frightens me, are the ones working for MAC.

Writer2011
01-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I've never seen a man working at Victoria's secret...You obviously couldn't help the ladies in the dressing rooms :)

Seriously though, I think it would be fun :)