A puzzle

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
:D

Here's an easy one:

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. :snoopy: Well done, littlewriter!

You read it like this: There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word?

Mandy-Jane said:
And obviously Jo is much cleverer than I am.

Nah! I write for kids, and thinking laterally is something kids do easily. I have to exercise that part of my brain just to keep up.

(Although you're a Victorian--and I'm an ex-South Aussie. Need I say more? LOL! :tongue )

littlewriter

Registered
Reaction score
cool. I got one for ya!

A policeman was walking past a house. He heard somone cry, "Don't shoot me, John! Don't shoot!" There was one gunshot. The policeman entered the house and saw a lawyer, priest, and an engineer, gathered around a dead body. The priest was immediately arrested.

How did the policeman know?

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
This is an old one. I asked it to my son the other day and he said it was goofy.

A king is sitting on the throne. Before him is a table laden with magnificent golden tablecloths and a gorgeous vase of flowers. There are also three goblets - gold and covered with the finest jewels in the world. The first goblet contains the purest spring water on earth. The second goblet is empty. The third goblet contains the sweetest, finest wine ever made. What is the king's name?