Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
I just realized that I should have started a new thread instead of piggybacking on the one that Joshua started. Apologies! I'm in between books right now. I've written a series of cosy mysteries and a trilogy of comedic SF pastiches with references to other books up the wazoo. I decided to try writing a "straight" science fiction fantasy and produced "Ragnarok". Now the pigeons have come home to roost and it's time to write a sequel. Sooo, I'm sitting and thinking and making lots of notes because I have to figure up front what is going to happen down the road. (LOVE those mixed metaphors.) I write strictly for the eBook market, and my next two books -- one SF comedy and one mystery -- are scheduled for release on Sept. 15th. The reason that I'm here is that I live on a wildlife refuge six miles outside of a town of 5,000 people and hardly seen anyone but my husband and six cats from one day to the next. I hope that Absolute Write will be my antidote for cabin fever.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I'd wish I had my own cabin in the wilderness.

Welcome to the cooler. :)

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
J. Weiland said:
I'd wish I had my own cabin in the wilderness.

In many respects it IS an ideal place to write. It's very quiet, just the calls of the local ravens, and a few turkeys and deer crashing through the underbrush. (Silent forest creatures? Hah!) It's a ten minute walk to the nearest neighbors and since we got onto the "no call" list the phone is mostly silent. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, so I spent my first year in culture shock. When I started writing mysteries I set them in a small town very much like our local one, but I keep an old Thomas Bros. map guide to Los Angeles for the rare instances when I want to write something set in the Big City.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Hi J.D., and welcome to AW! I visited your web site (very nice, I must say). I too am an old fan of Ngaio Marsh - I just wish I could get copies of all her books in hardback. Glad to see your works at FictionWise. I've recently been purchasing eBooks on a regular basis to carry in my PalmPilot wihile I travel. It takes so much less space in the suitcase for us voracious readers.

Best of luck - the only problem with AW is the amount of time it can eat up once it sucks you in. :) Come on over to the Coffee Break and visit.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome, J. D.! I love solitude myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.