What's the Editor Thinking?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This guy has your manuscript. He's read the whole thing, and now has to sit down with some tuna and a bowl of milk and work on the edits.

kelvin.jpg

What's he thinking?

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
geeez! i need to double my fees

(he is charging for this, yeah? :ROFL: )

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Talking cats..very realistic. I'll write that down.

(Very lame, I know, and not very clever. Yay me!)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
this is writing? i'll show her some writing!

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
"Hmmm... don't like the mouse scene. Too predictable. Give the cat more lines. Yea, that's it.

Good Grief, what was she thinking when she wrote this? Dogs are STUPID!!! x x x x x - there. Just a. quick. note. on. the. margin.

NALA! Get me Disney! I think we have something here!!"

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huck Finn meets Farscape, my a$$! Idiot can't even spell Pluto. That agent is gonna owe me big time for this one.

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Dear Dan Brown, I have completed reading your upcoming book "The Solomon Key". While it is certainly interesting, it is just more of the same. I suggest you make some changes in it. For one thing, add some cats. You're not just talking to any editor here. Who do you suppose gave Lillian Jackson Braun the idea to give her character, Detective journalist Jim Qwilleran a pair of prescient Siamese cats named Koko and Yum Yum. Some 21 books later, Lillian and the cats are still raking in the kibble, baby. Add cats!! You already did the albino thing, time to move on.

Think cats! Cute little furry animals who are loved the world over. Think about the merchandising you can generate from the book. Think of the calendars you can sell! Photos of cute little kitties dressed up like famous paintings in the Louvre. Something along these lines would be adorable for you.

cat.jpg

If you really must have an albino, they do have albino cats. You can even call it Silas if you want.

ayanami.jpg

Wouldnt this cutie make a great character??

Albino cats are MUCH more believable than murderous albino Opus Dei monks with bleeding calves who whip themselves in the name of God then kill museum curators.

Give it some thought, Dan, before it's too late. Your Da Vinci movie bombed. Maybe God was trying to tell you something.

Signed

Ivana Feline
Your Faithful Editor

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I know why my last rejection came back looking like someone hacked up a hairball in the SASE!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All Dogs Go To Heaven. Wha--? Well, this is gonna need a total rewrite. Where's that SASE? I feel a hairball comin' up!

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
mm. Nice thick ms. I'll have to sleep on this one.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good! Something to sharpen my claws on...

Jewel101

Registered
Reaction score
hmmm, no intrigue, too much action, and no cats. Did I really expect better? They're human after all...

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Huck Finn meets Farscape my a$$. Who sent this drivel, and where's that tuna I asked for twenty minutes ago?"

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Cath said:
I know we're not supposed to take bribes, but whoever sent this fish-flavored eraser pencil is going to the top of the pile...

LOL!

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Wow this book is great - even if it is written in long hand. Sailor Moon is sooooooooooo cool. And this love scene between Xena Warrior Princess and the Highlander is hot. I wonder if the calico secretary would care to act it out with me -- strictly for professional reasons. I guess Anne Rice gave up on writing books about Jesus. Good thing, too, that last one really stunk like a litter box. But I thought she spelled her name with an E.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just bumping up. Anyone got another "editor" photo for comment?