PDA

View Full Version : Cool places you have seen For Keeps

expatbrat
08-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I checked and there is no thread on cool places people have seen your book. So I thought I would start one.

Not sure if you are interested in stuff like this – but I just saw For Keeps in the bookstore today – in Thailand… So it is international. Maybe you knew that already? It really is a beautiful book. I love all the little bits, and notes and cards in the transparent paper. A fan would love that stuff. You should be damm proud of it.

We are pretty limited on what we get here. The bookshops generally focus on the tourist, and For Keeps obviously fits that bill (even with baggage allowance limitations? It is a big book.).

It was right there next to Dianna’s story, the-girl-who-plays-Sam-in-Sex-in-the-city’s guide to sexuality, and a small guide on Zippo Lighters (the staff stock things rather randomly, something to do with an inability to actually read the English on the covers - they just guess where to stock books based on the pretty pictures.).

eldragon
08-22-2006, 05:34 PM
It was in the window of the Barnes & Nobles bookstore in Gulfport MS - about 3 weeks ago.

darryl
08-23-2006, 12:18 AM
At a very small hinu book store, in Bangalore India. Last year, but not sure which trip I was on at the time so don't know the date.

In english, which isn't as big a deal as you would think.

And, yeah

Jenna STILL Rocks!

JennaGlatzer
09-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey, thanks! I hadn't seen this thread before (oops). Thailand and India, huh? Pretty neat!

And to think, I was excited to learn they had a copy in my mom's library! :D (My library never stocks any of my books unless I donate them. Sigh.)

darryl
09-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey, thanks! I hadn't seen this thread before (oops). Thailand and India, huh? Pretty neat!

And to think, I was excited to learn they had a copy in my mom's library! :D (My library never stocks any of my books unless I donate them. Sigh.)

LOL, better late than never!

However, it may be worse that I spelt HINDU incorrectly as HINU, in a forum on a website dedicated to writing.

:e2hammer:

Filine
09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
LOL I gave up, I will never 'sound' as smart as the writers here