anyone interest in a challenge?

Kharisma

Registered
Reaction score
10 Week Challenge
“Write ‘til you drop”

We are all busy people, with busy lives. Kids, careers, education…fill in the blank to suit yourself. I am a newbie writer and I really want to focus and get serious this time so I am proposing a 10 week challenge where you commit a certain amount of words and every Monday I will post a new thread where you can state how you did.

I am committing myself to 6,000 words a week. That is 1000 a day with one day off and a total of 60,000 at the end of the ten weeks!

Anyone else want to join me? Coming on and push yourself! I also planned it so this challenge will end 2 days before NANOWRIMO so consider this good practise for that!

Hope to get a good group together to stay focus and motivate!

-sherry

PS: if you are interested post your email here or email me at [email protected] so I can get a group together and send weekly emails to everyone. :)

Kharisma

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's close to nanowrimo, that's the point, for me at least. It will make me stick to nanowrimo I think better if I am practising to a goal for the ten weeks leading up to it. Or so that is my personal thinking. No biggie if no one does it with me, this is a personal journey and I just thought others who work best under deads lines might enjoy it too.

happy writing
Sherry

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My current commitment is to 1250 a day or 8,000 for a week. I'll commit to 80,000 for the ten weeks and see how close I can come. I find that having somebody peek over my shoulder keeps me honest. I'd like to be able to do 2K a day for nanowrimo. Let's just see how this one goes.

Kharisma

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the committment. I am ready to get going on my work tomorrow. I guess this isn't really a big challenge for most but I am a personal goal setter so it will help me :)

Thanks for the viewings everyone

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It can be hard to squeeze the time in. I work two jobs and have a hubby and kids--Soccer Mom is more than just a user name. It's my life. I just have to wedge the writing in when I can. 1K a day is a great way to start out. I started there and began adding. I was more productive earlier in the year. Right now I am down to 1,250 a day, but I can do more when I have more time. Don't beat yourself up for writing less than someone else. Set your personal goal. When you are comfortably exceeding it each day, raise your goal. You will get there.

Good luck on your WIP :)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, yeah, 1,000 a day would be like a vacation! sigh.

But having accountability and prodding can help you establish a good routine. You might consider joining one of the genre room's Weekend Progress Reports for a bit of that ol' kick in the pants motivation :)