PDA

View Full Version : Have you visited youwriteon.com?

Arna
08-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi everybody,

I discovered this site in the INKWELL of the August issue of Writer's Digest. If you haven't stopped by you might find it interesting.

I haven't gotten up the nerve to download anything, (truth be told I don't have anything at this time. . . But that's beside the point.) I am enjoying reading the chapters and short stories that have been downloaded by other writers and collecting points for when I'm ready. It really has been a learning experience.

Other information and resources are also available on the site.

Looking forward to your feedback.

L M Ashton
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Nope, haven't been there before.

But tell us about you - you're new here. What do you write? :)

Arna
08-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi quidscribis!

I'm a newbie children's writer. I just mailed my first pb ms to an agent. Waiting to hear back.

Did I mess up? I came to the newbie forum and replied to some threads and as you are aware even started a few. Do I need to post an introduction thread? Please let me know.

Wait til I tell my husband I actually communicated with a real live science fiction writer (smile). He is a science fiction fan for sure.

Dawno
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Arna - welcome to AW. No need to post an intro thread, you didn't mess up.

As for real live science fiction writers, we've got quite a few - you should visit the SF/Fantasy forum :D

DeborahM
08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Arna - hi and welcome to AW!

I haven't been to the site either, but I'll check it out.

:welcome:

Arna
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Guilt won over. I should have waited for a response. I just posted the "Please forgive me" thread.

You know what? Even without faces I'm nervous. I feel like Goober. You know? Like when he's trying so hard to get it right . . . he keeps (this is the last, absolutely last time I will use this word, I think) messing up.

Dawno and DeborahM thanks a bunch for the welcome.

MacAllister
08-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Heh. Seriously. No worries. We really are glad to meet you. :)

Arna
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks MacAllister.

wyntermoon
08-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Morning Arna!
I'm relatively new and I love that you jumped right in with both feet!

Congratulations on sending off your MS, I'm also a newbie children's author and haven't gotten to that point yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Arna
08-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey wyntermoon!

Thanks for the encouragement. "That point yet" believe you me has been a L-O-N-G time coming. Please let me know when you finish.

WAIT! I just thought of something. Have you placed anything in Share Your Work? I've been trying to get up the nerve.

MidnightMuse
08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Welcome to AW Arna. You don't need nerve to post in Share Your Work - it's the quickest way to a backbone, really. You'll soon have one of steel, or jello :D

Seriously, everyone here respects their fellow writer, but uses honesty to do it -- so while I encourage you to go ahead, if you're truly scared, keep things in perspective. Everyone's here to assist and encourage, not judge.

Soccer Mom
08-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Welcome, Arna. We don't bite. Much. It's okay. Welcome to AW. You've haven't screwed anything up by posting. It's what we do here. Write. Post. Eat cake. See? You fit in already :)

Arna
08-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Thanks MidnightMuse!

Hey Soccer Mom! How's the ocelot?

wyntermoon
08-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Hey wyntermoon!

WAIT! I just thought of something. Have you placed anything in Share Your Work? I've been trying to get up the nerve.

LOL, HECK no! You first, hehehhe. I'll be behind you all the way ;)

MacAllister
08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
You know what? If you're really feeling apprehensive, you can always just say so--point out when you post that you're new to crit, and ask members to keep that in mind.

You'll get direct, honest crit, which is invaluable. And the regulars over there are a really terrific and dedicated bunch. (Which reminds me it's time to go and give out some rep points to the SYW critter-crew, again...)

Arna
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
LOL, HECK no! You first, hehehhe. I'll be behind you all the way ;)

Hey wyntermoon!

Me and Share Your Work are waiting on you. You can do it wyntermoon you can do it! I thought about it. What's the worst that could happen? I'd have to write? HAAAAA!

Thanks MacAllister!

wyntermoon MacAllister gave some wonderful advice. Do what he suggests AND GO AHEAD AND POST ALREADY!