Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
*microphone squeak*

Hi, everyone! I'm MeowGirl (hello, MeowGirl).

I'm new to this board and sort of new to taking my writing seriously enough to submit my work. I published my first article four years ago and my first short story last month, but my overall production isn't that impressive. I want to change that, crank out more words, more stories, just....more, and see where it leads me.

I've browsed around here and am amazed at the amount of information! This looks like a really helpful site.

I look forward to spending time here!

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Meow. This place is full of information, and there is some fun stuff, too. Drive around and jump in where you feel comfortable. If you have questions, ask.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meow, Meow.

Welcome to AW.

ac (Meowboy)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meow back at ya! Welcome to AW. Look out for AC. Word is he hasn't had all his shots and bit the last vet who tried.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Meow ! Yep, we're full of it all right :D

Lots of good information. (what did you think I meant?)

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Miaou et bienvenue a AW. I don't really speak feline or French, so I think I'm channeling somebody. Eartha Kitt maybe?

AW is an incredible place. Are all the really nice people here? No wonder I don't meet them anywhere else...

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Thanks for the warm welcome! ::purring::

K1P1, I like your screen name. Are you a knitter?

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I am a knitter. I publish a line of knitting patterns, I have a knitting book out, and I do freelance teaching (knitting workshops) and copy and technical editing (of knitting books and patterns).

Do you knit?

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
Perrrfect, another cat person! Welcome to AW, MeowGirl!

Let's get a ball of string from K1P1 and Cath and AlleyCat can join us! A, you can be the ref!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DeborahM said:
Perrrfect, another cat person! Welcome to AW, MeowGirl!

Let's get a ball of string from K1P1 and Cath and AlleyCat can join us! A, you can be the ref!
I'd rather chase awatkins' bird . . .

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I already welcomed you elsewhere and people got jealous. I ain't doin' it again! They'll ALL want me to welcome them, then!

So I'll just say...

Hi. :D

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Hey just what we need -- more kitties around here!! Welcome! You will find the really scary folks over at the Prompts and Games section, having a great time playing all kinds of word games and making each other laugh. Kitties are welcome. We have all been trained by the Dog Whisperer so we don't bite and we're real nice to kitties. Check us out. It's a blast. Persi

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
K1P1 said:
Thanks. Yes, I am a knitter. I publish a line of knitting patterns, I have a knitting book out, and I do freelance teaching (knitting workshops) and copy and technical editing (of knitting books and patterns).

Do you knit?

Yes, I do! I love cables and texture in particular. Give me a cabled sweater pattern and I'm happy for months. You write patterns? I'm impressed!

To answer the other questions: I don't chase birds (I just eck-eck-eck-eck at them) and I've had all my shots. I like sniffing dog noses and sprinting randomly around the house. And when I'm really happy to see you, my tail quivers. :)

What a great place! I think I'm gonna like it here. Thanks for the warm welcome!

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
MeowGirl said:
Yes, I do! I love cables and texture in particular. Give me a cabled sweater pattern and I'm happy for months. You write patterns? I'm impressed!

I'm so glad. I don't think most people know what my screenname means. Out of context, I guess that's understandable. I love texture too, but I tend to veer back and forth between texture and color. After a while, writing patterns gets boring, so I'm glad I'm working on technique books now. I'm also a hand spinner - yummy, yummy fiber.

"Knit On!"

Status
Not open for further replies.