Cart Before Horse Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Kevin

Whoops! I've been all over this board, added posts and threads here and there and now look!

I should have come here first!!! Sailor Kenshin steered me here.

I've been selling my first book, a computer database how-to for K-12 school administrators, staff and faculty for about 2 years now.

I'd love to break into fiction writing, and have a few ideas.

I like the Games and Prompts thread! Great fun!!

Quick bio - 48 years old, member of a men's Catholic religious order. I teach HS algebra and biology, and have taught lots of other stuff too, including religion, phys ed and so forth. I've got my NJ Principal's certificate and spent 3 years as the principal of an elementary school, but discovered I hated sitting in an office. It's much more fun to teach!

I'm a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, certified instructor and 2 time NJ state champ in forms and free sparring.
I practice Tai Chi now that I'm approaching Senior Citizen status.

I flew hang-gliders in college, and also learned to sail small boats, ride skateboards and motorcycles.
I still ride a motorcycle; it's a passion.

So far I REALLY like what I see on this board!

ElonnaT

Welcome Brother Kevin, this is a great place. Hope you enjoy yourself here :grin

Brother Kevin

Risseybug - Hello! Are you still reeling from the on-going McGreevey situation?

I listen to WABC 770 AM regularly. This morning they're talking about possible replacements.

My vote's going to Brett Schundler. I like his position on school choice.

bk

writerscut

Welcome...you teach algebra? I'll be doing Algebra 2/Trigonometry this year...little nervous about that! Good luck with your book...

Cate

Interesting!

Welcome!

You have such a neat background . . .
Tons and tons there to write about!
Non-ficiton is my thing (I am a high school teacher as well) but there is plenty of wisdom regarding fiction writing on this board--enjoy!

Cate

Melina

Welcome, Brother Kevin!

Are you a Christian Brother? I work @ St Mary's College in Moraga, CA--a Christian Brothers' University, dedicated to the LaSallian tradition! The president of the College is Brother Craig Franz. You may know him--a really wonderful man. I look forward to getting to know you here! Peace be with you!

Melina

LiamJackson

Re: Welcome, Brother Kevin!

Brother Kevin, we're pleased that you've decided to join our band of merry folk. Look forward to reading your posts.

LJ

mammamaia

better late than never, bro!

...you, to find your way here, and me, to welcome you!

:jump :party :snoopy :clap :dancin :welc

love and hugs, maia

Yeshanu

Re: better late than never, bro!

Welcome, Brother Kevin!

Don't worry about posting here after being around the board a bit. I've been around a bit, too, and I haven't posted a "hello" on the Newbie Board yet. Maybe I should. :grin

Hmm...

Maybe after more than 1100 posts, it's a bit late for that... :b

Brother Kevin

Thanks for your kind words, y'all.

I'm a Brother of the Sacred Heart, we're involved in teaching.

We're similar to the DeLaSalle Christian Brothers.

Although I post more frequently on political message boards (I'm up to about 3200 posts altogether), I'm hoping to start adding a little here as well.

I spent 6 hours on Tuesday putting together a reply to a post, and then 10 hours on Wednesday.

These were pertaining to a discussion comparing/contrasting Catholicism with Protestantism (fundamentalist to be precise)

16 hours for two posts is a little extreme. I'm not doing that again unless there's a paycheck at the end of it. If anyone's interested in wading through a lot of biblical parsing, the posts can be found Here

Writing Again

Oh, that is so hilarious. I went to the site. One person is very anti religious yet has clearly turned science into his own personal religion, and the fate of God depends on the poor pepper moth.

Status
Not open for further replies.