For the love of dogs, cats, and what have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
For the love of dogs, cats, and what have you?

I ran across these from long ago in my photo bucket albums and thought about posting them just for giggles.

There’re old and perhaps you’ve seen them at some time.

Enjoy

SnowDog.jpg

DogUndercover.jpg

Cow.jpg

Cats_at_fishing_time.jpg

fd5fdf5b.gif

fcb91daf.jpg

fcb91da0.jpg

fcada47f.jpg

fba83eb3.jpg

f9bc7ec8.jpg

f9bc7ed8.jpg

f9bc7ee0.jpg

f9bc7ee9.jpg

f9bc7eeb.jpg

f9bc7ef5.jpg

f9bc7eef.jpg

dogswithbadteath.jpg

Gay_fish.jpg

My_Cats2.jpg

My_Cats3.jpg

My_Cats1.jpg

Gloria_and_her_two_Cubs.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
My favorite part of living in Colorado is when I drive by the cows.

I love the cows.
cows.jpg

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jerry! I love the look on the afghan hound's face. As a wee lass my parents took me to the track to see novelty dog races. Two of the afghans stopped to fight, one stopped to pee, and another laid down and went to sleep. The winner sniffed his way to the finish line then turned around to join in the fight.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Hey I think my Uncle Harry was the man milking cows. LOL...enjoyed the spurt of milk.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
The cats hanging out with the fisherman at the doc is my favorite.

The big Black Panther belongs to a friend of mine.

My late sister is the one holding the two Black Bear cubs she raised in Northern Michigan.

The two kittens were mine, now long dead. Does anyone know how little kittens act when they want to play? Gad Zooks! I trained them to fight and not be afraid of noises. Screaming at the top of my lungs, banging on everything in reach, they’d scamper out from hiding to play, and then I’d feed them. It was the same with the dogs I once had.

I was raised on a ranch in Ft Pierce Florida. The cattle would follow me around like puppy dogs. Feeding time brought the herd home as if driven hard in a cattle drive. After feeding all day in the pasture, I’d give them a bucket of dry feed mixed with molasses.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
I love my mini zoo, can't live w/o them. Kola, of course, in my avatar. And I've got 3 kitties, ranging in age from just over 1-14. I've got 2 beta fish to keep the little one from eating my plants and climbing my ficus tree. It works great, too. The fish are in a 2 1/2 gal. tank w/ a divider (so they don't kill each other). It's heavy enough that she can't knock it over, but she can paw @ it and have fun.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Great pics.

I love the dog and the ducklings - and the Labrador with his face in the fence, looks just like mine.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
We have a Great Pyranees (our German Shepherd was killed last fall by a hit and run driver)

Gracie, Tiger 1, Tiger 2, Blondie, Figaro, Scaredy Cat and Raymond are our cats.

We have two rats - Sparky and Winnie, but Sparky has a heart problem and is on her last weeks, unfortunately.

We have a tarrantula - Rose has been with us for 3 years.

4 ducks.............

And besides them, all the opposums, raccoons, armadillos, rats, squirrels and wild birds and hummingbirds, fish, frogs, turtles and snakes we can fit on our 5 acres with two huge ponds.

NOBODY gets eaten here, not even the fish.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
While watching my favorite TV program “Deadliest Catch” (Alaskan Crab Fishing) on the Discovery channel. I’m taking it all in on what ya all have posted. Ya got, and have had some good ones in your family of animals and things.

Eldragon has a Tarantula!
1.gif

E Gads!
1.gif

She named it Rose!

Man! That’s some serous love for, for, ...it’s not an animal, just what the heck is it called?

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
She named it Rose!

Man! That’s some serous love for, for, ...it’s not an animal, just what the heck is it called?

a spider?

an arachnid?

Honestly, until you've seen a tarantula molt........you haven't seen it all.

It's amazing.

She stays in her container, never comes out. We don't touch her, or we'll itch. She kicks or spits hairs off of her back and it itches. As far as being bit, it's supposedly the same as a bee sting, but we never experienced it. Still, we don't handle her.

We don't live near a petstore, so getting crickets for her to eat isn't as easy as it used to before the hurricane, and our petstore was open.

So, I make trips to the nearest petsmart - about 25 miles away, when I can. Anyhoo...........

a few weeks ago, I was at an auction one Saturday night and a cricket walked right down the center aisle. The auctioneer was walking down the same aisle, and tried to step on it, but missed. I dropped to my knees and grabbed that cricket, much to the shock of everyone who saw me do it. Imagine their further shock, when I put the live cricket in a zippered compartment of my Prada purse. Needless to say, they were talking about me.

My spider appreciated the take-out meal.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Quite a story aadams73.

And what particular nipple did Uncle Harry teach you to home in on Spooky? LOL

That’s one heck of a dog Jean Marie. My late sister raised a Wolf cub. She had a wildlife license of some sort to raise the Wolf and Bear cub but had to release them when it was time.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Thanks, Jerry. I call him a Shepadorsky
smile.gif
That would be part; Shep, Husky and Lab. All 98 lbs. of him
biggrin.gif

I've been taping the Deadliest Job, Alaskan King Crab show. Enjoying it a lot. I feel badly for the young guy on the Maverick, who's supposed to get the captain's job. That's wrong!

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Kid, Stewie is one spooky Cat with an attitude. LOL the I like Cat and the Moose.

Jean, while watching this Deadliest Catch TV program, I’m reminded of a young man I worked with at the space center. As a boy, he and his dad owned a large fishing boat such as those and fished way off the coast of Main. He told me lots of stories. He now works for some high tech company in Alaska.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Here's a photo of my cousin Rod and a little friend. My cousin was a catering manager at Parrot Jungle Island in Miami, and that;s where this photo was taken. The baby orangutang came to join the troupe. (Rod isn't really strangling him, and he's not really pregnant!)

Attachments

• orangutan.jpg
    orangutan.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 40

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Aruna, that’s a coincidence.

Here is my youngest son, peter. This was taken long ago at
Disney World in Orlando where he was working. He was operating the boats at some kind of jungle trip, or something. He worked there at first in the haunted mansion, but he liked the jungle cruise the best.

Peter.jpg

This is my oldest son, Craig with his dog when he was living in Virginia.

Craig.jpg

These are old, old pictures.

And, this is me taken at least ten years ago, or more at work in the coffee break room by a young lady who worked with me. She caught me by surprise. She and her husband both worked and fished with me and she is a big mischief-maker. I’m really not that serious, or mean as I look in the picture.

Jery_at_work.jpg

Someone should start a thread on personal photos of members, and or their families. I’m unable to see the small ones in avatars.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Once, when we were riding on a jungle boat ride at Disneyworld -in Orlando, the girl who was operating the rig said "And, remember, kids..........stay in school....or you too might be a jungle boat captain."

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
this is my favorite picture I've ever taken of my kids.

and this is the larger version of my avatar:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.