PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

feldspar
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Just wanted to give a quick hello. Brand new here and I'm just here to listen and get general advice. I'm a professional who would love to break out into the wonderful world of novel writing, but at this point it's just wishful thinking. Haven't put anything down on paper yet or really hashed any ideas out.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Avalon
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Greetings, feldspar. Nice to meet you. It's a great community with a lot of very helpful resources. What's the genre you're aiming for?

feldspar
04-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I have trouble categorizing them ,but have lots of ideas jumbling around in my head. I'm shooting for very contemporary themes. One idea I have is a political thriller, others are romance, one idea centers around a 30-something man coming to realize after his father's death that he really didn't know his father at all. Very simple ideas but they excite me and I feel like I could make great characters and good stories out of them.

Like I said, brand new at this and really just trying to decide what to do next. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Scribhneoir
04-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome Feldspar!

The first thing you ought to do is read the "Learn Writing With Uncle Jim" thread. It's the best how-to-write-a-novel advice you'll find anywhere. Working your way through that thread will teach you what to do to turn all those ideas into great stories.

emeraldcite
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Welcome to AW feldspar! You'll find that there is quite a bit of knowledge bandied about on this forum.

I'm going to move this post down to the newbie boards. They'll give you a right proper welcome!

awatkins
04-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Good to have you with us! Welcome to the Cooler. :)

veinglory
04-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Welcome aboard, mind the gap.

Hope to hear more about what you are working on. My (admittedly low value) advice. The first step is to commit to finishing the story you would most regret having not written by the time you died.

But based on that messed up sentence who would take writing advice from me?

jenngreenleaf
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
:welcome: to AW! :D

jst5150
04-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Welcome!

September skies
04-19-2006, 10:03 AM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotewelcome.gif

L M Ashton
04-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Welcome, feldspar! Pretty cool name. Do you identify with one of the feldspar type of rocks?

Lady Cat
04-20-2006, 09:40 PM
:welcome:

Hi and welcome Feldspar!

Lady Cat