Quick question about Blogger....

RobertEvert

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertevert.com
For those of you who use Blogger, is it possible to show posts in chronological order, earliest first? If so how?

Thanks for the help!

Deleted member 42

You used to be able to display them in chronological order, but not any longer.

There are ways around this, including being clever about dates, or using Pages or Posts that are listed in the order you want them read in a Post that is the top post.

RobertEvert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertevert.com
You used to be able to display them in chronological order, but not any longer.

There are ways around this, including being clever about dates, or using Pages or Posts that are listed in the order you want them read in a Post that is the top post.

Ah, thanks Medievalist. That's a big help. I know that I had seen it done before. A blogger blogged her ms. Chapter 1 first, 2 second, ...etc so you could read it in order. I was wondering how she did it.

Thanks!!!

Deleted member 42

Ah, thanks Medievalist. That's a big help. I know that I had seen it done before. A blogger blogged her ms. Chapter 1 first, 2 second, ...etc so you could read it in order. I was wondering how she did it.

Thanks!!!

I'm wondering if Blogger/Google just moved the setting and I'm not seeing it—that's such a trivial thing to do, and I suspect many would want the same thing you want.

RobertEvert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertevert.com
Just out of curiosity, you aren't planning on uploading your novel to Blogger in this manner, are you?

Oh no! That wasn't my intention at all. Thanks for checking!

But I saw somebody was writing their blog like a story...which gave me an idea to do something similar.

My blog is about how I'm trying to be less neurotic. I'm trying to be a better person and father...more patient, kinder, more easy going. Many of the stories I plan on telling build on each other. So having the blog in a certain order would seem to make sense.

Thanks for your concern though.

Deleted member 42

Oh no! That wasn't my intention at all. Thanks for checking!

But I saw somebody was writing their blog like a story...which gave me an idea to do something similar.

My blog is about how I'm trying to be less neurotic. I'm trying to be a better person and father...more patient, kinder, more easy going. Many of the stories I plan on telling build on each other. So having the blog in a certain order would seem to make sense.

Not so much actually; writing for the web is writing built around hypertext links. Write in what order seems best to you, but remember you can link to previous posts (and you should, where applicable).

Denise Scoubidou

Tom Sanders
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
quick question about Blogger

You would have to change the Post Date And Time for each post. If you want them to appear in chronological order oldest first, give that one today's date. Give the next oldest one yesterday's date. The site thinks you're posting newest first, but you're really posting oldest first.