PDA

View Full Version : [Publisher] Iomam

Leva
01-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Just banned this one from adsense on my site. (As an aside, banning scammy publishers from advertising on your site if you're running adsense is rather like playing whack-a-mole. Ban one, and two more pop up.) Didn't see it on here when I checked to see if it was a known party, so I thought I'd add it to the list.

Publisher name: Iomam
URL: ioman.com

They charge a $25 reading fee.
They also charge for editing, with a minimum charge of $125 -- though given they're publishing books, and they want $1 per manuscript page, I doubt many people would end up paying the minimum

They also refer to publishers with "thousands of employees" ... *LOL* I don't even think the big boys have thousands of employees. Dozens, maybe.

Whois is down; I couldn't do a whois to see if they're affiliated with any of the known bad guys.

Leva

CaoPaux
01-23-2006, 10:39 PM
FWIW, iomam.com is registered to someone in New Hampshire. :Shrug:

The operation looks like a guy POD'd his ebook and now plays at being an Independent Publisher.

MacAllister
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Better money in charging the unwary, apparently, than in self-pubbing your own.

*sigh*

CaoPaux
10-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Updating link: http://www.iomam.com/letters/

No more mention of fees (we'll see if they reappear when they start taking submissions again). New magazine: Project OM.

CaoPaux
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Although there're books "pending" for 2009 and '10, the only books published so far are from 2006 ... I doubt we'll see any change, but I'll give 'em another year.

CaoPaux
01-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Nope, no change.