The Next Big Thing - Blog Hop. Anyone interested?

KatieSnowPendergrass

Passion is Writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katie-s-pendergrass.blogspot.com
Hello All,

So I just created a brand new blog (decided I needed a change since everything in my life had, and scraped the old one) and I was tagged for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Pretty much it's an interview about your MS. I'm looking for readership - people I can follow and who I can follow back (and I always follow back). Interested in being part of The Next Big Thing, follow me and I'll tag you for it when I post next (mentioned in twitter, facebook, and of course, my blog =} ). I know - so shameless. But I really am looking for readership and to connect with others. Hope to get to read some awesome blogs soon!

Katie

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
In reality, blogs generate very few direct sales from the average reader. Why? They don't search blogs and those that do, do so of their favorite authors, or they are looking for something specific, a speciality they can not find anywhere else.

How many blogs in a day can a person read, following link to link?

I might also warn bloggers that linking or allowing unknown persons to link to your blog can lead to all kinds of online mischief. Its the latest way of hacking websites, follow the links...

CJ Michaels

Registered
Reaction score
Website
christinajmichaels.blogspot.com
Hello All,

So I just created a brand new blog (decided I needed a change since everything in my life had, and scraped the old one) and I was tagged for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Pretty much it's an interview about your MS. I'm looking for readership - people I can follow and who I can follow back (and I always follow back). Interested in being part of The Next Big Thing, follow me and I'll tag you for it when I post next (mentioned in twitter, facebook, and of course, my blog =} ). I know - so shameless. But I really am looking for readership and to connect with others. Hope to get to read some awesome blogs soon!

Katie

I participated in the Next Big Thing Blog Hop last week. It was a lot of fun--of course it was my first blog hop, so that probably made it more so. I just took a look at your blog--I LOVE the design. Very cool.

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
I noticed! Leave me a comment/e-mail when you do, so I can go see it. ^__^

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just been tagged, but I have no one to tag back because my blog's only one month old so I didn't have time to make many friends yet. Anyone interested?

shayla.mist

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I can do it, but I don't know what a blog hop actually is lol. My blog is in my sig.

That'd be great, Amanda. The author who tagged me tagged two other people, but I have no idea if that's the rule or not. I've seen others tagging only one person so i decided to do the same cause I don't have many friends and those I have don't have blogs yet. Basically you answer ten question about a story you wrote. It can be published or still in the WIP status, it can be a novel, a short story, anything. Then you have to point to another fellow writer to answer those ten questions as well. It's a blog hop because it basically involves more writers, it hops from blog to blog, just like the name says.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
That'd be great, Amanda. The author who tagged me tagged two other people, but I have no idea if that's the rule or not. I've seen others tagging only one person so i decided to do the same cause I don't have many friends and those I have don't have blogs yet. Basically you answer ten question about a story you wrote. It can be published or still in the WIP status, it can be a novel, a short story, anything. Then you have to point to another fellow writer to answer those ten questions as well. It's a blog hop because it basically involves more writers, it hops from blog to blog, just like the name says.

Sounds fun. Link me your blog Shayla so I can link back to you.

shayla.mist

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome. my blog's http://shaylamist.blogspot.com I'll post my blog hop this coming Monday or the following week. Hopefully I can find more people to tag by then :) I'll let you know as soon as I post it, anyway. thanks, Amanda

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
Aretus, are you wanting me to tag back to you? Or is there anyone else who would like to join in? I don't have any other writing friends with a book in progress to tag. I am doing this today, but I'll wait to publish until I have another blog to link forward to.

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new blog, so I don't have anyone that subscribes to me yet. And I'm not published, but I have a WIP. If you have no one else, I can participate.

shayla.mist

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new blog, so I don't have anyone that subscribes to me yet. And I'm not published, but I have a WIP. If you have no one else, I can participate.
Oh, sounds great, especially since you have an erotica wip, I see.. It would suit my writing genre perfectly :D Your blog looks really cute.
Here's the link to my blog post. I'll tag you right now

TMCan

Registered
Reaction score
My post will be on Friday. Thank you for letting me participate.