The Top 10 Social Networks for Creative People

GabrielNovo

Cuban Nomad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gabrielnovo.com
I've been a longtime fan (years) of Lateral Action with its beautiful marriage of creativity and productivity. This isn't a site about systems or methodologies, but about how different creative types find ways to be as productive in their fields as possible. As we all know, the more prolific you are the greater chance of success and this website gives you many of the tools necessary to help move your career forward.

This latest article I feel is of great importance to this forum: The Top 10 Social Networks for Creative People. It goes into detail for each Social Network, including blurbs from the founders themselves and testimonials from users of the service. You might encounter a familiar name when you go through the Facebook section ;)

Not only do they go through the top networks, but they dive into lesser known networks, such as likemind which offers networking on a more intimate level or Behance which provides robust portfolio options for creatives in the field. Even Pinterest makes an appearance with a strong argument for why it's an important and overlooked outlet for creatives.

I highly recommend this article for anyone who is looking to expand their network of creative contacts and build lasting relationships which can turn fruitful in the long run.

GabrielNovo

Cuban Nomad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gabrielnovo.com
For those interested in a taste of the article before clicking the link I've included an excerpt (with the Mark McGuinness' permission).

======================================
Four years ago I wrote a guide to the Top 10 Social Networks for Creative People that turned out to be one of the most popular things I’ve ever published here on Lateral Action.

But four years is a long time in social media. Empires rise and fall, old networks fade away and new ones arrive on the scene. So it’s time for an updated guide – to the most inspiring, useful and addictive social networks for creative people in 2012.

rainbownetworks430.jpg

As before, I begin by looking at WHY networking is critical to your success as a creative professional. Then it’s onto the networks themselves, with quotations from the founders of some networks and success stories from users, explaining the networks’ individual cultures, how to use them, and how they can help your creativity and your career.

[Read the rest @ Lateral Action]