Has Anyone had Bad Experiences with Google Stats?

GOTHOS

Registered
Reaction score
To clarify, I have three Google blogs, but have no set up any stat-counters myself: I'm talking about the stats function supplied by Google automatically.

Here's my situation: of the three blogs, two do seem to list different stats for views of my postings every week. I have no idea how many of these views are from individuals and how many are from automatic samplers.

The third blog, which focused on film-reviews, almost never seems to change in terms of what postings are being supposedly viewed. Though I supposedly have 6 followers, the same 4 or 5 postings are always the ones getting "viewed." Only in very rare circumstances do I see one of my newer postings referenced.

Is it possible that some automatic sampler (or whatever one calls it) has zeroed in on those, and only those, postings because they target somewhat popular search-terms, like PLANET OF THE APES or THE AVENGERS?

Has anyone had a remotely similar experience?

CrystalCierlak

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalcierlak.com
If there are words in those posts that are popular search words/keywords then I suppose it stands to reason that they could be the cause of those specific posts being singled out. I've used Blogger for a number of years and I've never really had issues with them. They've certainly come a long way! You may want to try installing Google Analytics for a more detailed insight into your web traffic. It's free and can be very useful for looking at specific metrics.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Most of my spam is on one of my posts and I think its because of the word "Drought".