So what's the scoop on FB author pages?

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Truly I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with it. I tried asking my personal friends on FB to "Like" me and got about 28, but they are mostly people my age who are much worse at social networking than I am. Bunches of them "Liked" my note asking for Likes without clicking over to the author page.

I tried treating it like a blog...nothing. I tried asking my Twitter friends to Like me...nothing. On the other hand, I asked my great Twitter folks to hook up on Goodreads and got plenty of connections.

Please hit me with your FB wisdom.

Thanks,

Lucie

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
This is completely random, but it's how I got a bit more interest: I played a game [in my genre] for a while and added other gamers as friends. The numbers built up quickly. Now, I can even get LOLs on the Cheeseburger homepage, which seems like a decent response level.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Try participating in blog hops and giveaways. Have "Like my author page" be an extra entry to a giveaway. You'll be amazed how quickly people will like a page when there's even a small chance of winning a book or gift card.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Thanks, y'all. Those are great ideas. And maybe it just works more slowly than Twitter, which I'm used to. My personal Facebook has always been something I use occasionally to chat with faraway family and friends, never for writing.

I'll try your ideas. The problem surely lies with my taking the wrong approach.