AddThis on your blog

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
Hey everyone,

I did a search for this, but couldn't find it. My blogger blog has AddThis code. I was looking at the analytics today and noticed that one post was shared to Tumblr and two were shared to Address Bar.

1) What is Address Bar?

2) How do I see how my post has been shared? I'm not concerned about plagiarism. I'm just curious to see where it ended up.

pyrosama

Pyrosama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
matrix-hole.blogspot.com
Hey everyone,

1) What is Address Bar?

2) How do I see how my post has been shared? I'm not concerned about plagiarism. I'm just curious to see where it ended up.

Address Bar means someone sent a link to their bookmarks. If you want to see more statistics, you can sign up for a statcounter account at statcounter.com. They have an option to monitor exit links which gives you a better idea of what your visitors are clicking on your site, including from which pages they share and to what platform they share, ie, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

AddThisPaul

Registered
Reaction score
Address Bar means the user copied the URL from their address bar and pasted it somewhere, such as in an email or IM conversation. On sites that have this enabled it's added to the end of the URL after a #.

Unfortunately while you can see which services your post has been shared to AddThis doesn't have the ability to show you which site has the link.