Regular Writing Themed Posts on Blogs

Viklit

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to blogging and wondered if there are any regular writing themed challenges/posts that happen which I could take part in, or merely check out!

Reading review blogs have 'middle grade monday' where they rec a MG book they loved for example, and I'm looking for similar to join in on, but on more of a writing theme. I am gearing up to sharing actual pieces of writing but small pieces or anything on a general writing theme would be great.

I see the sticky posts above, including the monthly blog chain and the Musical Chairs, and I will check those out.

I was thinking of starting a 'going for goals' monthly post, and wondered if anybody would join in setting goals and trying to reach them, or if anything similar exists.

This ended up more long and rambling than I intended. Apologies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There's a monthly blog chain, writing prompts (look in the individual genre rooms for those), as well as the Flash Fiction challenge - there are also various other things (for example, the unofficial blog chains which pop up from time to time as a side dish to the main one). If you look around, I'm sure you'll see plenty to keep you going. :)

There are some writing goal related threads on the boards - the main one being W1S1.

Viklit

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Bigwords, that's great, and I will search through the individual genre rooms to find suitable prompts!

If anyone knows of any off board or 'not often linked to on board/harder to search out on here' regular blog link ups, that would be great too.

The Illusionist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinabrendel.blogspot.com
Hey there Viklit, nice to see you here!

Sooo about writing themes posts there are two I can think of right now that could be a good fit for you.

The biggest one is YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday. They post a weekly question on Wednesdays about YA and writing in general. It is a great community because you post the link to your blog post in the comments section and everyone goes around and checks each others blogs out! & since you write YA it is a good fit :)

Another, less frequent one is The Insecure Writer's Support Group. This one only require you to post once a month about issues/problems you have found while writing and like the group above everyone in the group goes around and comments/helps each other out.

Hope those were useful :)

Viklit

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Kat those were both great and v. useful!