How long do you spend on each blog post?

How much time per post?

• ~30-45min

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 1-2hrs

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 2-3hrs

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Much Longer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Perplexed

Registered
Reaction score
I am just curious how much time people spend on average maintaining their blogs. I'm assuming most of these are writing blogs, but feel free to tell me otherwise.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Registered
Reaction score
To answer my own question, I just spent somewhere slightly over 2hrs creating my latest blog post.

Now I must go do what I was supposed to be doing and read a grant proposal (to learn from, not to decide if the person gets any money...I'm a student!)

Deleted member 42

It depends entirely on the post, frankly. It ranges from 10 minutes to several hours.

RottenWord

Registered
Reaction score
It obviously depends on the length of the post. If i write a 1000 words post I'll probably do it in 3 hours or more.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Depends entirely on the post - I've posted two thousand word blasts which took a couple of hours to write (a review written as I was watching the film), compared to a post about the chronology of Alan Class publications which I have been researching since... October last year? Earlier? I still need to fill in some of the missing dates, but it is probably as close as it is ever going to get, unless someone pops up with an account of when each title was sent to the printer. In total, several hundred hours of work has gone into it. There are no rules - you decide how much time, money and energy you are willing to invest into each post. You set the agenda, and hope that people appreciate the work you are putting into the blog.

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
It does depend. But I usually don't spend too much time. I have a gazashkzillion things to do, and need to limit my time on each "To do" task.

Linda Adams

Soldier, Storyteller
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linda-adams.com
Mine wasn't on the list -- it's no more than an hour per post, though I've had one that took 15 minutes. Each post is no more than 500 words. I work hard to make sure I keep each topic simple enough to stay within the word count. I do the next week's posts over the weekend and set them for timed tweets. One appears every three days.

The blog is a mix of writing topics -- but NO how-tos -- social media, blogging, and the role of women in books.