How often do you post on your blog?

MonkeyShiner

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious how often people post when they blog.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I try to post on at least one of the blogs every day. Doesn't seem to work out for me always, but I try.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
MWF for the web comic. Once a week when possible for the other two.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Have been blogging for a couple years, but I seem to be losing steam lately. I try for two times a week, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog (TheWritersVineyard.com) with 28 other published authors and we post an article about the good, bad and ugly of writing once a day. Seems to keep visitors more interested if you have more frequent posting. We've grown to 54000 views. Also give freebies time to time. Currently have a free cookbook offered in the left column of the home page. Took four years to get here but its worth it.

MonkeyShiner

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog (TheWritersVineyard.com) with 28 other published authors and we post an article about the good, bad and ugly of writing once a day. Seems to keep visitors more interested if you have more frequent posting. We've grown to 54000 views. Also give freebies time to time. Currently have a free cookbook offered in the left column of the home page. Took four years to get here but its worth it.

Awesome. I would agree that the more frequent your posts the more you will keep visitors.

Builds up your content faster too.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I just started mine about a week ago, and finally made a second post. I think I will just stick to one or two new posts a week, at least for now. I have too many other things I need to do this time of the year, but I'm sure once winter sets in and life slows down I'll update it more often.

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
Depends which one. I have a blog where I post a story every day, which I'm doing for a year. By necessity, I post on it every day. My other blog, though, I only post on when I've got something to say. I try to post at least once a week - recently it's been a lot more, but it's often less frequent than that.

mjlpsu

unidentifiable food tester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.boozefoodtravel.com
I try for a minimum of twice a week. More if I have an event or trip with a lot to write about. I have a weekly post for Fridays, which I really should plan ahead and just schedule for posting.

Perplexed

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I just started my blog and I am trying to keep my new followers from being bored. So far I have 4 blog entries for 3 days of blogging existence (I just put up post #4 a minute ago). I think once I get more momentum going I will cut back.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm trying for two times a week. And this can be difficult because my blogs are long and instructional, so I have to have a topic that is interesting and at least well thought out. I keep wondering if I'll run out of subjects or topics to spout off about.

I tried every day and burned out very quickly. Just wasn't possible.

Tri

Bookkus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bookkus.com
I think it is better to post when you have a good idea rather than make a daily effort of it. Quality content will be much better when people see your page than if they just see a fresh posting. But if you can pump out high quality content daily then do it!

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I blog on weekdays (Monday through Friday) on my book blog -- be it reviews, interviews, guest posts, events. However, for my author blog, I just post once per week.

Blogging is about consistency, not frequency. I say this to remind you that as long as you post on the same days at the same rate (every Tuesday and Thursday, for example), you can build a follower base. It's much better to give quality content. Readers just need to know when to expect new content.

JJLindsell

KBO
Registered
Reaction score
I chug along at about 3 every 2 weeks, but I try and make them faiiirly substantial. I know too-long is a crime in blogging normally, but in political- b it seems OK.

kalevin

Dark and twisty, like licorice.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kalevingston.com
Blogging is about consistency, not frequency.

This.

I blog twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays. I've finally discovered the "schedule" feature of WP (please, I'm techno challenged) which has made life easier in terms of having content built up-- I typically take a Sunday and scribble out five or six new blog posts, and then leave myself room to move them around if a particular item of interest pops up and needs to be shoehorned in somewhere.

I have a really hard time doing more than 2x a week, because I'm busy with the rest of my life (and, you know, regular writing). ;) So I figured the most important thing is to aim for consistency for now, and then maybe later on if necessary I can add in a third day.

Maybe not perfect, but it works for me. :)

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
I'm impressed with all the responders who post 3, 4, 7 days a week! I just started my blog, IN COLD INK, and I'm excited about it, but couldn't possible manage more than once a week. I don't want to post trivia---why should anyone care how many hours I spent writing today, or where I bought shoes?--and it takes time to work up a useful post. Maybe I'm just not a natural sharer.