Post Your First Blog Entry!!

pyrosama

Pyrosama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
matrix-hole.blogspot.com
Out of curiosity, I am wondering what everyone's first blog entry was when they started their blog (first blog).

So, before you understood what you wanted to do, tell us what your intention was! It should be fun and we'll get some brainstorming down on what it is we wanted to accomplish from the very beginning.

Here's mine. It's the only blog I ever had and I still have it.

http://matrix-hole.blogspot.com/2009/08/why-blogging.html

Let's visit the past some and share! I know mine has vastly changed. :)

Turndog-Millionaire

Registered
Reaction score
Great idea. Here is mine

I'm going through some transitions at the moment, so it's good to look back and see how a few things have changed.

Even though it's been just a few months, i feel my style and writing has improved greatly. This is promising :)

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)

Whisky

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nopart2.wordpress.com
I wish I still had my first blog from 1999! Unfortunately it was deleted about an eon ago. I do know that my first entry detailed my addiction to the frosted strawberry Pop Tarts from the vending machine in the dorm basement. That's some deep writing right there, lol. :tongue

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Today in Florida - June 24, 1863

I didn't use my first post to introduce my blog. I just jumped right in. I do have an about page which explains why I started the blog. Although there was a while if I wanted to get into the nature side of Florida and decided not too. My first official post is dated June 24, 2009.

twright

Registered
Reaction score
This one is easy! I just started up my blog a couple days ago.
icon7.gif
So I don't have to dig back very far.

It was based on a session I went to at NorWesCon last week: NorWesCon Session – “The Importance Of Abby”

http://www.tomdwright.com/2012/04/09/norwescon-session-the-importance-of-abby/

The Illusionist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinabrendel.blogspot.com
I just started up my blog a couple days ago.
icon7.gif
So I don't have to dig back very far.

I'm in the same boat Tom, just started up my blog this week!

I actually did two post the same day, one 'introductory' one (The Beginning) and then a 'proper' one participating in YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday (Images & Imagination).

Snick

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of forgetting, I have forgotten what my first blog post was. It certainly was more than five years ago, but I don't remember which blog I started when, and I sure don't remember which post was first. But I just started a new blog.

Metallipod

Registered
Reaction score
Website
createimprovment.wordpress.com
I just started blogging 3 days ago. It's amazing see all the different things people blog about. From Florida history, dogs, to stories. But all of it with one central theme. Writing. Oh, how I love this!

My first post.
http://createimprovment.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/improving-the-work-space/

I also just made another one today about plotting which I am excited to do! :D

MeeMee2000

Registered
Reaction score
My humorous blog is on saving money and I just started it in March. It's www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Here's an excerpt on my very first blog entry!

My name is Meemee and I'm a Cheapskate-a-holic. There. I've said it.

Cheapskate, miser, tightwad, bargain-basement bottom feeder – yes, I’ve been called all these things and worse. At first I used to protest—“No, no. I’m just being careful with my money.” Forget that! In these hard economic times, I wear the badge of frugalness with pride. “Hello, world! I AM A CHEAPSKATE-A-HOLIC!”

Background: I’m no financial expert. I’m just a gal who knows how to get the most out of a buck. What made me this way—this inane sense of cheapness? Really, I had no choice in the matter. There were 3 strikes against me:
  • I Am a Writer: LA Writers are notorious for going to any event as long as the eats are free. In fact, some tacky ones bring Ziploc bags to smuggle food to take home. Ummm—maybe that’s just me. Moving on…
To read the rest go to: www.cheapskate-a-holic.com

Promethean Dreams

Registered
Reaction score
I just started my blog yesterday and I am not sure what direction I want to go in. I do know that I will publish my entire book as a series of blog post since this is more of a labor of love for me than anything else. I have thought about publishing character bios and things that will help me flesh out the story. I figure if your getting it for free then a few spoilers won't hurt you. Right now my main focus is improving my writing and finding my voice. The Biggest problem I see is that my writing is spiritual fantasy. I don't want my entire blog to be a super serious fest so I need to find some ways to lighten it up.

http://www.prototypegod.com/2012/05/07/a-new-prometheus/

Perplexed

Registered
Reaction score
I started my blog approximately 24hrs ago, so my original post is still on the homepage. Behold the Scientifican

I'm still finding my style I guess, I got some traffic for post 1, post 2 bored people senseless, and post 3 is brand new and fairly amusing judging from the "likes" it got. I don't normally write anything at all.

amykoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.exwifenewlife.com
Hi. I began writing about life after my recent divorce in august and now just do humorous essays on my day to day life. Check me out at exwifenewlife.com