Another Newly

Katie Elle

Banned
Reaction score
Yet another newly. I've been writing my whole life going back to the high school newspaper. I ran a couple of zines back in the 80s/90s, including as I suspect is the case for many of them, sometimes writing entire issues with the articles under different names. I don't want to think how many words I've written on the internet.

I've always been very confident about my non-fiction writing, but never made it past a few paragraphs of fiction before tearing it up in horror and fleeing into the night. A few months ago I got started writing erotica with the advice that no matter how bad I was, I was not going to be the worst and it would even be saleable, and I've found it amazingly fun and challenging. As part of reading for research, I'm also finding myself overcoming my prejudices against romance and would like to branch out into romantica and less into smutty erotica, which is what I've written so far.

I came across AW on a referral from another site that frowned on erotica and someone who said there was even a dedicated section here. I'm mainly looking for generic writing advice though. I have the dirty ideas part covered. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.