Info, please?

Michael

Little Doggie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tol.myfastforum.org
I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for this thread, but I couldn't find one that was appropriate. Besides, since the information I need is about editors, perhaps editors are the best people to ask?

I have to do a presentation and a 10-page research paper about the "top 10 editors in Baltimore" for my editing class. I've tried running searches and using advanced searches to narrow them down, but of course I get thousands of hits that have nothing to do with the question.

Can anyone tell me a good method for finding this information? Of course I do not ask for anything direct, because I have to do the research myself. I just don't have any idea where or how to look for it.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
What sort of editors? Newspaper editors? Book editors? Copy editors?

I suspect there's more of the former than the two latter kinds in Baltimore, but I can't be sure. And there aren't any formal rankings when it comes to editorial work, so it's going to be difficult for you to find them.

Perhaps you could contact successful writers who work in Baltimore and ask who they work with (although they're likely to work with editors from across the country, if not the world).

Or you could look for notorious editors who might have a Baltimore connection; or give a presentation on the difficulty of finding any editors in Baltimore!

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Last edited by a moderator:

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the Editorial Freelancers' Association membership list for Maryland. You'll have to go through it to find Baltimoreans specifically.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Duh! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, ICE.