Who here has a Blog or website?

Jonathan Figaro

Registered
Reaction score
Who ever has a blog or a website tell us a little about it?

I'll go first. My blog is JonathanFigaro.com, and I use it to share my work all over the world.

Your turn?

What do you talk about or use your blog or website for?

AinSoph

lost in lit land
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniealicerogers.com
I do (link in my signature) though I'm constantly debating whether to split it all up into three separate websites again. I'm currently using it as a blog, but it's also got my art portfolio and a page for my pro writing. Not sure they all fit together, or what I'll do with it all if I ever get this effing manuscript published :)

Jonathan Figaro

Registered
Reaction score
I do (link in my signature) though I'm constantly debating whether to split it all up into three separate websites again. I'm currently using it as a blog, but it's also got my art portfolio and a page for my pro writing. Not sure they all fit together, or what I'll do with it all if I ever get this effing manuscript published :)

I don't see your website or blog on your sig. Maybe i got bad eyes? "shoulder shrugs" But, that manuscript sounds rocking. Whats the story about? I personally know the editing process is a son of a b-otch. I'm getting my book edited as we speak. My friend is helping me out. She's incredible and I DON'T have to pay her. THANK GOD!

Nephytis

<insert random comment>
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog.. Nephysmusings.blogspot.com ... I dont update it everyday though and I mostly post short stories for my friends who like my writing ideas. Several years ago I created a websit from scratch, using html codinh, that I learned. But its sitting in internet space collecting dust. I havent updated it in 10+ yrs. One of these days when I have the time or when/if my book sells.... Ill fix it. I use angelfire as a host though.

Dave Veri

Registered
Reaction score
My Website. Show me yours.

My pompous "About" message:
This site tries to chronicle the process of my writing as well as showcasing some of it. It also hopes to help visitors become better writers and readers by offering connections to a community of minds brought together from throughout the digital universe. I write novels with a style gained from writing songs and poems.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
There are a lot of them on "Have you updated your ..."

my humor blog is in my sig. I think you'll find that's pretty common here.

Jonathan Figaro

Registered
Reaction score

I do see your blog link...lol...

Sirion

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I do :D

No blog though... eh... I'm not a blogging type of person.

Jendrick

Registered
Reaction score
We've got a couple blogs (see signature). The host we used prior decided to go out of business and we didn't have a back-up. The preferred excuse for that would be, "too busy writing," but that's not the case. Oops. So they're a little dry for now.

julzperri

Caffeine & trying not to scream.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog, it's usually about writing, but occasionally I'll stray to diy or organisational projects etc. Feel free to check it out in my link. I usually visit my commenters blogs too :)

Anne Lyle

Fantastic historian
Registered
Reaction score
Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's har
Website
www.annelyle.com
I have a website with a blog: http://www.annelyle.com

I blog about the fantasy genre, including book and film reviews, and of course any major announcements about my own books. Usually I post once a week on Tuesdays, unless there's something especially timely that needs to go up there. Last year I ran a monthly book giveaway, and I dare say I might have another one when my own book comes out!

There's also a "microsite" (click on "Novels") specifically about my current Elizabethan trilogy, where I put links to buy the forthcoming book, plus tidbits of background information - there'll be a sample first chapter and some deleted scenes going on there in March, to whet your appetite...

Turndog-Millionaire

Registered
Reaction score
My blog just had it's one month anniversary (i had a little party) and so far loving it

It's all about author marketing, with bits of writing info (aka venting) thrown in

It's in my sig, so go check it out :)

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)

MrJayVee

Pro scribe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theworkingscreenwriter.blogspot.com
My blogs are...

I have two blogs for screenwriters...

First there's http://www.theworkingscreenwriter.blogspot.com, which is my official blog and has tons of "tales from the trenches" entries, plus interviews with lit agents, working screenwriters, writers who have entered some of the myriad screenwriting competitions...and two in-depth interviews with Justin Samuels, the black screenwriter suing William Morris and CAA for racial discrimination. (A truly mind-blowing interview!)

Then there's http://www.theworkingscreenwriter2.blogspot.com, which provides solid how-to tips...a must-read if you're making one of your first attempts at screenwriting.

Anjasa

Fantasy Smut? Yes please!
Registered
Reaction score
I have my blog (www.jmkeep.com/blog) where I mostly write about games, media, feminism, diversity, and all those fun things. A lot of sociology influenced observations, especially in regards to character or world creations - especially for fantasy/sci-fi!

Nissie

not a beer
Registered
Reaction score
Blog is in my sig! It's pretty much about writing, self-deprecating humor, writing, odd things that happen to me, and did I mention writing?

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I have a website and multiple blogs:
website - http://leeannwriter.weebly.com
A Page In The Life (writing related, focus on my work, everyday life, and more)
http://leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
SeanachieStories -Tuesday Tales And More (showcase for my weekly Tuesday Tales participation)
http://seanachiestories-tuesdaytalesandmore.blogspot.com
Lee Ann's Weekend Dirty Dozen (my weekly dozen sample sentences)
http://leeannsweekenddirtydozen.blogspot.com
Rebel Writer: Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy (showcase for my Rebel Ink titles)
http://leeannsontheimermurphy.blogspot.com

L.Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Love it when someone does this kind of thread. Yes, I check the other blog threads but this always seem to bring an infusion of new and interesting blogs to the forefront.

I let my website fall away years ago and rarely tend to my writing blog - maybe a couple posts a month but happily blog away on my accidental blog, which I threw out on the web to give a character a web presence and she took it from there. I've been clicking links like mad in this thread (though I haven't left a comment, often because I wasn't sure how to or I bounced to the next one too soon) so be nice and drop by DearHelenHartman.com

AFord

You know U R a book lover when ...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
af12.webs.com
I blog about politics @ http://af12.webs.com/ Does anyone else ever feel that public service these days seem less about the "public" and "service"?

In addition to blogging, Am trying to author a book (hopefully a series) about a modern day politician trying to maintain a sense of integrity amid the murky depths of politics as usual in Washington, DC.

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
My blog is in my sig. My subject matter is pretty diverse, and I typically use the articles on there as samples when I apply for freelance jobs. I always love getting comments, to say nothing of new followers, so please, I hope all of you check it out.