Let us say - (Question about time)

Mayusan

Registered
Reaction score
I emailed a proposal to a publisher back in the first week of November. I got an email from them on the 8th of this month (January) stating they were interested in my full proposal. I sent it out the same day I got the email.

So it hasn't been that long, just over a week. If it took nearly 2 months for the full request, is it probably going to take that long for a rejection or yes on the full? Or is it normally quicker once they get the full?

Mayusan

Registered
Reaction score
yikes. Thanks for the info. I'm going to keep looking in the meantime I think. My book is really hard to place because of how local it is. Most publishers recommend finding a publisher in my state... but little do they know... where I live, most publishing companies are no longer in business, or are self-publishing companies that came to be to publish their own work. The two that are right near me only publish their own works or want me to pay for them to teach me how it's done.

But, I'm going to keep looking. My book is really good, its just a matter of finding a publisher smart enough to take it on. lol ^_^

Last edited:

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you need to cut them some slack and take into account they had your query over Christmas making it more like 6 weeks. They've probably also had a deluge of NaNo manuscripts.

Mayusan

Registered
Reaction score
Oh I'm giving them slack. I'm glad they are looking. I was just curious if it would go faster after having the full, take about as long or maybe longer. I've only gotten to a full request 2x now and one of the two companies that asked never bothered to even send me a rejection. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will like the full... but realistically I'm keeping my eyes open for other potential publishers as well. I was just curious time wise how long it normally takes after full request.