PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed something...

maxmordon
01-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Absolute Write Water Cooler is possibly where I socialize the most, not in the internet but in general.

I pretty much don't go out except to college and besides writing a tweet or a facebook status every now and then this is my home.

I wanted firstly to apologize my erratic behavior. I really wish I could give a excuse for my social awkwardness and my boring nature but I have nil, I have no excuse for being like I am at times. I get nervous, I don't know what to say or don't think well what I must say and frankly, it worries me. I read my posts from before and my posts now and I feel like I'm degenerating, but I digress.

I have met some of the best people in the world here that if I tried to mention all I would feel bad for those I missed. I just want to say...

Thanks for being there.

crunchyblanket
01-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Ah, Max, y'great soppy eejit. You're not such a bad chap yourself.

Now, will you have a nice cup of tea?

Maryn
01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Back atcha, Max. I, too, socialize here as well as do my writing-related research and networky stuff here. The information I seek is always here, and I've made friends and acquaintances of some absolutely marvelous people.

You're wise not to name anyone, because that gets threads closed. So I'll simply join you in thanking everyone for being here.

Maryn, with a hug

maxmordon
01-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Hugs to everyone!

Ah, Max, y'great soppy eejit. You're not such a bad chap yourself.

Now, will you have a nice cup of tea?

Do not fear, because I have a cunning -oh wait that's Blackadder- Dougal, that wasn't a banana!

Lavern08
01-17-2012, 02:06 AM
...I have met some of the best people in the world here.

Thanks for being there.

You're welcome, Sweetie. :Hug2:

What? :Shrug:

Jehhillenberg
01-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Hi Max!! Yah, this place is awesome with some cool people :)

jjdebenedictis
01-18-2012, 06:24 AM
((((hugs)))) :)

Devil Ledbetter
01-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Thank you too, Max.

Alessandra Kelley
01-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Aw, you were nicer than nice when I was new and kind of lost, thanks.

And hey, this is a good place for socializing. People here are very helpful.

maxmordon
01-18-2012, 03:32 PM
:)

Pyekett
01-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Max, there are a lot of different ways to be in the world. Don't stress about not being a certain way.

Are you hurting anybody else? That's the key question. If you are not, then just keep bringing the best of you into it. That's more than most are doing, and you will be appreciated for it.

I am certainly glad to see your posts, and I look forward to getting to know you over the years to come here.

mirandashell
01-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Have a hug, you big old soppy git!

Mclesh
01-19-2012, 12:06 AM
What a sweet post, Max. Hugs from me too. :)

regdog
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
:Hug2: Love ya, max

scarletpeaches
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm feeling the love in this thread.

Kinda dirty. :D

crunchyblanket
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
That's not love you're feeling....;)

quickWit
01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
this thread is giving me diabetes.
:D

You're a good guy, Max. You remind me a lot of me when I was younger.

*scratches*
*sniffs fingers*

maxmordon
01-20-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm feeling the love in this thread.

Kinda dirty. :D

Oh! Sorry, had the zipper down. How embarrassing!

DL Hegel
01-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Hugs to everyone!

*takes the hug and Max's wallet.*

We like you too.:)

BeatrixKiddo
01-20-2012, 02:25 AM
I was like that for a long time too. I found interacing with folks online, eventually made me braver to try and socialize more in the "real world". Still a loner, but improving gradually.

If this is where you feel the most comfortable, there's nothing wrong with that. If you have an introverted brain like some of us do, this place is the most natural thing in the world compared to the usual social hangouts where folks "meet". It's just the way your brain is wired.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe find other groups or forums online you enjoy to at least expand more online friendships.

Some folks just aren't that social, and never will be, but the rest of the world tends to give us a hard time about it. You're just the way you are. Nothing wrong with it, as long as you're happy. That's what's important. Do what makes you happy.