PDA

View Full Version : Animal Lovers

Filmfeline
01-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Hey guys,

Speaking of writing excercises - if anyone here is vegan and loves animals and would like to donate a story to an upaid online start up mag for a good cause, shoot me a pm

We need either an article or nice poetry that is cruelty free
Artwork is also accepted of course

If you're a vegan, send a personal story of how you became vegan and why.

Thanks!
XO

TamaraLynne
01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I love animals but I grew up on a farm and learned not all animals love us. :) I'm very passionate about the animals that can love us back. But I do have stories of how my heart was broken big time as a little girl witnessing the killing of chickens. Chickens don't love us back but to see their life taken was a very sad thing.After my daughter watched Babe she did not want to eat meat anymore. But our lifestyle kept her from being a vegan. I can understand why someone would become a vegan...

Silver King
01-08-2012, 06:29 AM
...if anyone here is vegan and loves animals and would like to donate a story to an upaid online start up mag for a good cause, shoot me a pm.
To generate interest, you'll likely have to provide additional info regarding the magazine. "Online start-up" and "a good cause" are entirely vague. It's similar to asking writers to part with their work blind and assuming that you can be trusted to place their stories where, to be exact?

Filmfeline
01-09-2012, 02:06 AM
I love animals but I grew up on a farm and learned not all animals love us. :) I'm very passionate about the animals that can love us back. But I do have stories of how my heart was broken big time as a little girl witnessing the killing of chickens. Chickens don't love us back but to see their life taken was a very sad thing.After my daughter watched Babe she did not want to eat meat anymore. But our lifestyle kept her from being a vegan. I can understand why someone would become a vegan...

Thank you - btw a chicken can love you back. It's what you show to them, that you recieve. One time a friend rescued a baby squirrel and said, when she heals he will let her loose, she would never learn to be his pet. But she did, she loved him, and even his cat. His kitten and the squirrel grew up together, slept together and even are together sometime. The guy says the squirrel would go 'nuts' in the window just about the time he was coming home from work, all excited.

Another instance is where a rooster - who was supposed to be a chicken, but the owner says they never know when they order them what will be in the egg, decided to keep the rooster instead of sending him off for a kill and one time when he had a seizure the rooster actually went over to the neighbor's fence and kept on making the morning noise until the neighbor got so sick of it he came to ring the doorbell saying he'll call the cops or shoot the rooster if it doesn't shut up. As soon as the neighbor openned the door and found the seizure guy on the floor he shut up.

ANIMALS have hearts.

On Huffington post you'll read a story of a cow, who had many of her babies taken off to slaughter than when they came for the fifth one she kicked the metal stall walls in and bent them screaming at the top of her lungs.

In China, a bile brear momma broke through the fences hearing her baby cry as they try to insert the faucet into the babies stomach so they can pump the bear bile and she broke out of her cage, got hold of her cub, suffocated him and then ran her head into a brick wall.

A polar bear this year ate her newborn cub b/c she had no way to feed him or herself and no ice to build a den on.

It's when animals commit suicide that we are truly asked to take a better look at ourselves and ask is there anything else I can eat instead of supporting killing? Do I need this fur? Isn't Gabriel make up just as good as any other that is tested on bunny's eyes? Must my bag be made out of leather? Aren't Neuaura shoes just as fabulous as any other designer shoe? We are only strong in numbers. Animals have nothing but the skin on their backs and we want that too?

Filmfeline
01-09-2012, 02:10 AM
To generate interest, you'll likely have to provide additional info regarding the magazine. "Online start-up" and "a good cause" are entirely vague. It's similar to asking writers to part with their work blind and assuming that you can be trusted to place their stories where, to be exact?

I think we will complete this issue and pop it online, the graphic designer said we have enough and you guys can take a peak and contribute afterward if you'd like.
I'll post a link when it's up, but I want to read the rules here to make sure it's ok to post links for mag. jobs ;)