PDA

View Full Version : Site newbie and a marital challenge...

Leah Sweet
12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Leah. And I write. A lot (100's of songs and poems, and about 5-6 books now). But I don't do anything with them. Never have.

However, my husband bet me a grand that I could not get published this year. And while I have never been interested in getting published, I also have never lost a bet with my husband. Right now he thinks I am awesome and can do everything, so he wants to change the balance of power and see me NOT do something. But I prefer the status quo because, frankly, it means I can theoretically keep his testicles in a jar in my office. (Can I say this here??) So I need advice and info and the word on da street is that this is a great place...for wisdom, experience, honest and constructive criticism, etc. So I am here to learn from everyone!

Blessings!

Leah Sweet

PorterStarrByrd
12-31-2011, 12:19 AM
I would think, in theory, there are better places to keep them.

Welcome aboard, but I'm going to hold off on visiting you.

mccardey
12-31-2011, 12:27 AM
I would think, in theory, there are better places to keep them..

No, no - a jar works quite nicely. Just keep it out of the sunlight...

Welcome to AW Leah. $20 if you can get movie rights sold as well...

;)

Tepelus
12-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Hello, and welcome!

xXVampyrePrincessXx
12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Welcome Leah :)

~Amber~

regdog
12-31-2011, 12:58 AM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66315) and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217563) regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Ari Meermans
12-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Welcome, Leah.

Silver-Midnight
12-31-2011, 01:41 AM
Welcome to the forums!

smoothseas
12-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Ahoy there, Leah, and welcome aboard...

I'm gonna make a little book here. I'm betting that with your strong voice, that hubby of your's is gonna be diggin' down deep into his pockets.

You've got twelve calendar months. Go get 'im!

Best of luck

Leah Sweet
12-31-2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks everyone. And no worries Porter. Only room for one husband. And one jar, for that matter... ;)

Mccardey and smooth...thanks for the vote of confidence. That's the plan!!!

L.

Cella
12-31-2011, 04:13 AM
Good luck with the bet (and the publishing) ;)
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Cella
:)

Eternal
12-31-2011, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the forums, me and my wife have had similar words regarding my efforts, she hasn't actually got my testicles yet, but every time I walk past her office she holds up an empty jar and shoots me a disturbing smile.

Good luck retaining your crown as the undefeated queen of your marriage.

Jehhillenberg
12-31-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi and :welcome:!!

Leah Sweet
12-31-2011, 04:57 AM
Welcome to the forums, me and my wife have had similar words regarding my efforts, she hasn't actually got my testicles yet, but every time I walk past her office she holds up an empty jar and shoots me a disturbing smile.

Good luck retaining your crown as the undefeated queen of your marriage.

hahahaha. nicely played. ;)

Sarah G
12-31-2011, 06:05 AM
:welcome:

CACTUSWENDY
12-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Flowerfairy
12-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Welcome Leah. Wishing you a happy stay!

Wayne K
12-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Leah. And I write. A lot (100's of songs and poems, and about 5-6 books now). But I don't do anything with them. Never have.

However, my husband bet me a grand that I could not get published this year. And while I have never been interested in getting published, I also have never lost a bet with my husband. Right now he thinks I am awesome and can do everything, so he wants to change the balance of power and see me NOT do something. But I prefer the status quo because, frankly, it means I can theoretically keep his testicles in a jar in my office. (Can I say this here??) So I need advice and info and the word on da street is that this is a great place...for wisdom, experience, honest and constructive criticism, etc. So I am here to learn from everyone!

Blessings!

Leah Sweet

You have 19 hours left in EST, so you better get busy

:welcome:to AW

iulialesley
12-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Welcome and good luck Leah! We're rooting for you :D

thehairymob
12-31-2011, 05:27 PM
:hi::hooray:

Leah Sweet
12-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Good catch Wayne. Apparently a sharp editor will be vital for me.

I am thinking that, should I win this bet, I will need to treat everyone to a round at Jed's...

donroc
12-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome, enjoy, and good luck with the bet.

Literateparakeet
01-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Great intro Leah, and sounds like a great hubby too!

I'll hold off on the advice since I'm new as well, but welcome aboard!

unsettlednomad
01-03-2012, 12:47 AM
I'd never bet against a determined spouse.

Leah Sweet
01-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Hey guys. Disappeared for a bit over the New Year...ready to jump back in and learn more about this forum...

Ambrosia
01-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Welcome (back) to the forums, Leah. Since you are a poet, stop by the poetry section. There are threads on getting poems published (did he say it had to be a novel? ;) ) and a crit forum to help polish your work up before you submit it.

And there will be another poetry contest starting up very soon. I know, because I am hosting it. :D

I hope you will drop by--and stay awhile. :)