Sending out fulls question

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Two agents asked for a full off of my query, so I sent each of them the full, attached to the email, in reply to their initial request (They requested electronic fulls).

The only problem is, they didn't confirm receipt in any way. Is that normal? Should I ask to make sure they got it, or just wait and see if they respond in a few months?

I just want to make sure I'm not mailing stuff into the abyss.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I've never received acknowledgement of the receipt of a full from an agent. I assume it arrived and wait impatiently until I hear from them. After a couple of weeks, though, you could probably get away with sending a quick note asking if they got it. But don't call the agency. Never call.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's very rare to get a receipt, even from places that promise. Just keep querying and find some useful way to spend the time. Your wait will likely be several months.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I've gotten a couple notices of receipt, but I've also gotten replies from people who never confirmed receipt. Email is usually reliable, in my opinion.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I've got a bunch of fulls out. Only one sent me a receipt of some kind saying he got it.

But I sent all the others to the same emails as I sent the query. (A few said send it to this email address, which was slightly different. I've also sent a few by snail mail.)

If you sent it to the same email you used for the query, I wouldn't worry about it. It's obvious they got the query, right?