Money or Name Branding?

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Not enough information to make a comment. Sorry.

shawn

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nicole. Perhaps a little more clarification could help us out? But from my take on it, I think if it's an opportunity of a lifetime - and sometimes these opportunity comes dressed in overalls rather than on silver platters - take it. Anyways, welcome to the cooler!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moving thread to Freelance Writing
Nicole, you may want to provide more information so members will better be able to give you informed answers

Please keep your hands and feet inside the thread while it's in motion. Thank you

Ulee_Lhea

Fear no darkness.
Registered
Reaction score
Nicole, I think your decision to leave room for higher paying work is a sound one. In general, I'd be cautious of taking on a big, all-consuming project at a low rate. If you're busy working for peanuts, it's tough to complete and secure higher-paying work, which is crucial if you're trying to support yourself through freelancing.

Consider also: Clients who want to pay writers low wages often don't know much about the writing biz and can be very difficult to work with. And to collect from when you're finished. Not that you don't occasionally run into those issues with bigger clients, but that's the way I'd bet.

So I think you're wise not to put all your eggs in one basket.

nicolelamarco

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
----------

Last edited: