Benjamin Says Hello!

BPRFilmz

Novice Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Benjamin Reed. I'm 19 and live in Oregon (any Oregon Duck fans here?). I've been using forums since early 2008, though haven't used them much lately.

I joined up because I wanted to get feedback for an idea I have, but as stated in the welcome PM, you need to do some work before payday ;)

Anyway, I'll take a look around, get familiar with the forums.

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Benjamin :)

(Oregonian as well :tongue I'm planning on going to U of O fall 2012, actually)

~Amber~

BPRFilmz

Novice Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

I plan to go to college sometime soon. I want to go for a computer course, a media course (mainly video, but audio/photo would be nice too), and writing, so I can do better at writing for my books.

My dad works at the U of O, so it's possible I could go there. Originally I planned to go to Lane, but I would love to go to the U of O.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

I plan to go to college sometime soon. I want to go for a computer course, a media course (mainly video, but audio/photo would be nice too), and writing, so I can do better at writing for my books.

My dad works at the U of O, so it's possible I could go there. Originally I planned to go to Lane, but I would love to go to the U of O.

My friend's dad works there as well. Lucky girl, she'd get to go for about the price of going to Lane because of the family discount... I've been trying to get them to adopt me for ages. :D

~Amber~

GreenEpic

...because you don't know yourself
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

BPRFilmz

Novice Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Quite the welcome.

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

I like mine buttery, but not an excessive amount of butter. Needs salt too.

That's a good way to go, help others before helping yourself, I will try to do that.

I have a question though, the SYW section, is that for submitting completed work or drafts? Or is it for ideas too? For example, right now my idea is not even in draft form, I simply have this idea (which is pretty developed) for a series of books. If I just wanted to get input about my idea, does that still need to go in the SYW section?

Last edited:

shawn

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I would be a good idea if you revised your work to the best you can before posting it in the SYW section. It's the most beneficial way you can get a good, honest review instead of having people pick at grammar that you could have picked up on your own If you want an input on ideas, you can post your idea under the respected genre and get some feedback that way too.

Last edited:

BPRFilmz

Novice Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've decided to visit Absolute Writer again (not that I was active in the first place). Rather than make a new introduction thread, I just decided to post here.

See you on the forums!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 19 and live in Oregon. . . .

:welcome:, BPR.

Sorry, we live across the river from the Corvallis Beaver pond. Go, Beavs!

However, we have relatives in Harrisburg and regularly drive through beautiful Junction City on the way to the VA clinic, deep in Eugene Duck country.

We avoid the nickel (I-5) and drive the 99¢ highway.

Again, :welcome:!

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Usually I would have more to say, but I've had a rough day. I hope the forums treat you well!