How long should I wait before following up with a publisher?

RS007

Registered
Reaction score
A publisher (Kensington Books) requested a full MS after I sent them the query. I sent in the MS on June 20 -- 3 months ago. Have not heard from them since.

Should I follow up now? How long does one generally wait to follow up?

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
A publisher (Kensington Books) requested a full MS after I sent them the query. I sent in the MS on June 20 -- 3 months ago. Have not heard from them since.

a follow up after 3 months is fine, but personally i dont do them. but that's just me. (arrogance)

RS007

Registered
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Thanks, BySharonNelson.

RS007

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, priceless1. I did follow up a couple of days ago... no word yet.

Damir

Registered
Reaction score

I sent book proposal to the publisher respecting its guidelines announced on its website.It said that they will reply in 3-4 weeks.When they did not reply after six weeks, I sent email, and got reply very next day.

RS007

Registered
Reaction score
I sent book proposal to the publisher respecting its guidelines announced on its website.It said that they will reply in 3-4 weeks.When they did not reply after six weeks, I sent email, and got reply very next day.

I wasn't so lucky. Followed up right after posting this thread and still nothing. I guess I can follow up again.