Hi, I'm new...sorta. ^_^;;

Steven_Lake

Sci-Fi Guru/Linux Geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.realmsofimagination.net
Hello everyone! I signed up last year for the site, and then got so caught up in life and my books that I forgot about this place until a friend pointed me over here again. Anywho, I'm just swinging in to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Steven Lake, and I'm the author of the Earthfleet Saga, Dreamland Articles, and a number of other technical publications (PC/Linux/FOSS/Software/Hardware, etc), short stories, and much more. That's what I do for fun. ;) My 9-5 is as a contract developer for businesses, NPO's, individuals, authors, townships, and pretty much anyone else I happen to cross paths with. ;) I'm also a contractor for various mechanical projects and jobs.

I hope to find more freetime in my schedule to come by and visit, talk with you guys, and much more. In the meantime, accept this as much much belated hello. haha. :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Steven_Lake

Sci-Fi Guru/Linux Geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.realmsofimagination.net
Cactus Wendy, thanks for the tip! :) Speaking of helping others, one of my side projects is actually helping other authors get started. I teach local classes on "How to write sci-fi and fantasy" as well as "How to do signings and events." So far both have gone over huge. Friend of mine does the same thing, but his lectures are on "How to get published" and they cover all the details on what you need to know about getting published and the publishing industry from an author's perspective. :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
glitter-graphics-welcome-647430.gif

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.