Some kind of hello...

ravaena

Registered
Reaction score
Hey...

I'm not *quite* a newbie, having lurked around here for a while, reading things and even participating from time to time. But I haven't really gotten to know anyone, being the some-what reclusive, shy anti-social type.

So this is me sticking my neck out and waving hello to people.

Hi.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

ravaena

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Cactus...

I have actually done some critiquing... and even had stuff critiqued before the 50 posts rule was implemented. Thanks for the advice though :)

Also I like my popcorn buttered and salty?_? Is that some kind of euphemism or an actual question?

And hi Wesley: thanks :)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another Aussie!! G'day - and welcome!

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
Well met Ravaena, what a nice name. I don't think there is much chance of a vicious axe descending and severing your head, but the good news is that even should such occur… it is a virtual one and no real blood would spill.

With that said, the person who said “sticks and stones might break my bones, but words can never hurt me” was completely clueless. The wounds words can inflict are terrible and, unlike physical injury, they can fester for years.

Little fear of that within these environs – great to see you ease out of your shell. Welcome!

ravaena

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Mccardey - glad there are other Aussies around! :D

Thanks C.G. I like it :) And yeah, I know words can hurt. But I think I'm learning to slowly take the sting out of criticism and get some use out of it. That's good right? :p

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

CC.Allen

Aim twice, Shoot once...
Registered
Reaction score
Texas will always be home... but dreaming of Hawai
:::Deja Vu::: moment...

Hmmm... didn't I just talk to you (well, figuratively speaking) on another thread in here.

Seems a little different to recieve some good advice from someone & then turn around and see them being welcomed as the newbie.

Anyhow, a very special "Howdy & Welcome" for ravaena! Thanks again.

valeriev89

Newbie and proud of it!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I definitely did the same thing except didn't join until like a month ago hehe :)

ravaena

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes :D I hope it's not a bad thing that I jump right in and start giving advice/critiquing and whatnot...