Professional Editors in the Milwaukee Area...?

Writer's Block

Summoner Megan
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable companies or editors that would be willing to look at an ametuer writer's book and edit it (for a fee I'm sure of course) in the Milwaukee area. I would like to get a professional opinion and run down. Or does this thing not really exist? Let me know of any websites or anything you may think could be helpful to finding this answer if you can!

Thanks!!!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Why do you need an editor who is in Milwaukee? You're very unlikely to meet up with your editor and have long chats: all the work can be done (and usually is) by email or hard copy. Which means you have a much wider choice than you think you have when it comes to finding yourself a good editor.

(Don't pay anything to an editor until you've worked your way around the SYW sections here, though: you'll benefit a lot from SYW.)

Last edited:

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
The best place to find a highly qualified editor in the US is, in my opinion, through the Editorial Freelancers Association. You can post a job listing there for free; there is also a directory of members.

If the reason you want someone local is because you want some in-person coaching sessions in addition to the edit, I would encourage you to specify that in any job listings you create. Some freelance editors are very comfortable with that (I am, as a former teacher); others find that it's not something they enjoy or have skill with.