Hi my name BOB JIM.
I like ABSOLUTEWRITE.COM, it good.
If you like good deal check here.
www.ilikespam.com
$$$
Thankyuu

Small Bio
---------

I wanted to become some science editor type of person,since I like various scientific subjects.
I couldn't afford the non-fiction writing courses offered at the time and ended up taking a creative writing course instead. That was 20 years ago.

When the teacher gave us the writing assignments, I would always end up turning them into humourous writing.(Except one serious science
fiction short story) The teacher said my dialogue writing was brilliant and I didn't need any more training, that I could be a professional right now. The
rest of the students really liked my stuff as well.

I was in a state of shock actually, since most people just didn't get my humour before. I was like,"what the h___ just happened?"
I was all excited and encouraged. I sent some samples to several publishers, but was rejected for various reasons, like;"not our
style". I became so discouraged that I said I would never write again. I'm not good with rejection very well I guess.

I then focused on other things in life, until now.
I've recently had more time on my hands and found myself writing again. I find I have to write in order to express myself, whether I'm
paid or not, I must create things. But if its possible to make a living at it someday then ok.

I've written to several comedians and writers for advice and they either never replied or tell me they don't give advice.
I've realized over the years that most people don't laugh at my stuff because they didn't understand it.

I've just discovered this forum and was hoping for maybe encouragment, feedback, advice, appreciation out of writing. I feel all
artists need these things.

Thanks.

P.S. How does a humour writer start? Thru an agent?

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
welcome. There's a humor forum here, though I haven't been there yet. Your experience isn't rare, if that makes you feel any better. You're in school, people like you, you are the best writer there, you get praise. But that doesn't mean you were skilled enough yet to be a professional. It takes ten years of practice for most people to get that good. Think of it as the equivalent to being cast as the lead in all the school plays...then going to Hollywood and realizing, oh, everyone waiting tables here was too. Persevere, study the craft, learn the markets, have a good dollop of luck, and who knows what your future holds?

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
Welcome Bob.

Isn't it a sad reflection on the world we live in that courtesy is a lost art?

Wait… no it was never an art so it can’t be lost. It is just so seldom used these days – and the common excuse is “I’m to busy” – let me be the first to call bull on that. It’s kind of like a smile which uses barely any muscles at all, versus a frown which uses many.

Is tapping that “reply” button really so difficult? Guess so.

Good luck with your craft and don't stop smiling

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

bobkeeshanjr

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That's quite a welcome. I've joined other forums for different things(I'm multitalented) and nobody really does any kind of welcoming like this! I feel encouraged already!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I hope I can add to or help somebody else while I'm here. Thanks for letting me know the rules here, I didn't know them.